PDA

View Full Version : Porting number Questions and others

yozh
10-15-2011, 03:21 PM
Hello,

I`m considering getting the cloudnumbers service, but have few questions about number porting from my existing land line provider (Cablevision NY)

I`m moving away and would like to keep this number, I`m not sure when I`ll get a new provider and can port the number to them, so I`m considering porting my number to VOIPO purchasing year service and forwarding to whatever number I want.

The questions are these:

1. Do I have to pay a fee to port TO VOIPO ?

2. If I want to port OUT of VOIPO do I have to pay a fee and is it even possible to do ?

3. If I port out prior to year is up, can I still use the service with a different assigned number or will I get prorated credit/loose money ?

4. Im a little confused on functionality of SIP with cloudnumbers, I can use the cloudnumbers as a SIP trunk but only incoming ?

4a.To call out using the cloudnumbers what exactly needs to be done ?

5. The 300 Minutes that are included for incoming, how does that work with forwarding to a land line/SIP line, do the minutes get deducted after the phone call connects ? Meaning minutes are going as I talk on the phone that was forwarded to ?

Thank you in advance.

VOIPoTim
10-16-2011, 07:26 PM
1 & 2) No, we do not charge porting fees (in our out) on our VoIP Plans or Cloud Plans.

3) You could get a new number assigned.

4) It's is an incoming only solution and does not offer outgoing calling yet. You can either forward the cloud numbers to another number or setup a SIP account to register to for receiving calls.

5) All usage is billable. When you forward the call, it stays connected on the VOIPo network the entire time so the entire length of the call is billable.

yozh
10-16-2011, 07:39 PM
1 & 2) No, we do not charge porting fees (in our out) on our VoIP Plans or Cloud Plans.

3) You could get a new number assigned.

4) It's is an incoming only solution and does not offer outgoing calling yet. You can either forward the cloud numbers to another number or setup a SIP aMccount to register to for receiving calls.

5) All usage is billable. When you forward the call, it stays connected on the VOIPo network the entire time so the entire length of the call is billable.

Thank you so much for the reply.
So here is another quick question if I forward to a google voice number and that takes it to another number does the minutes are still going ? Or is the call terminated at google voice, Im assumijg its still going......

Next question is it possible to get like a package with more minutes the 300 like 500 for 50$/per year ?