PDA

View Full Version : no phone number given when purchased!

jeepgurl
10-29-2011, 05:33 AM
Hello,
I am new to VoiPo, and am in the process of porting the old number,,,,,,Comcast says that they have released the number, on the 27th. They also said that they expect it to be complete by Nov 3rd. HOWEVER - VoiPo, never gave me a temporary number to use, until then! I don't have ANY way of updating my Voipo account, including the E911 information. They are closed on the weekends, and I am now stuck for the weekend,,,,,with a winter storm watch on the way, and with no way of getting calls. If I at least have my account number, can I log in somehow and get a temporary number for my account, until the port is finished? Lets be honest, suppose it takes longer than the 3rd, to get the number ported? Then what do I do? We have Cell phones, but the service in the area is TERRIBLE for them,,,,,I need my landline. ANY help that you may be able to give would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you kindly!

MisterEd
10-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Your account number is usually your phone number. If you ported through VOIPO try creating an account with the number you are porting in. If you have your ATA device hook it up. You may still be able to make calls but not receive them. I believe you need to request a temp number if you are doing a port or else they just assume you are going to wait for the number to be transferred.

tritch
10-30-2011, 11:20 AM
MisterEd is correct. They generally assign you a temporary number until the port is complete. From your Voipo line try calling your cell phone and note the caller ID displayed. If it's the number your going to port over, then try logging in to vPanel using this number as "username", then click forgot password to have it sent to your email address that you used when opening the account. If the CID shows a different number, try using this number as the "username" instead and click forgot password.

When my brother ported over, they assigned him a temporary number that he could use to make/receive calls. Here's the odd thing, on all of his outgoing Voipo calls the caller ID was spoofed showing his ported number even though the port was not yet complete. So don't be surprised to see your ported number on your cell phone's caller ID display, it may be only spoofed at this point. The key to know when the port is complete is to try calling your port number and see if it actually rings the Voipo line.

VegasSmitty
04-07-2012, 03:24 PM
MisterEd is correct. They generally assign you a temporary number until the port is complete. From your Voipo line try calling your cell phone and note the caller ID displayed. If it's the number your going to port over, then try logging in to vPanel using this number as "username", then click forgot password to have it sent to your email address that you used when opening the account. If the CID shows a different number, try using this number as the "username" instead and click forgot password.

When my brother ported over, they assigned him a temporary number that he could use to make/receive calls. Here's the odd thing, on all of his outgoing Voipo calls the caller ID was spoofed showing his ported number even though the port was not yet complete. So don't be surprised to see your ported number on your cell phone's caller ID display, it may be only spoofed at this point. The key to know when the port is complete is to try calling your port number and see if it actually rings the Voipo line.

Tried that fix, gave me back the same number I'm using now. Guess I'll have to wait till Monday when everyone gets back to work.

kennedy
05-28-2012, 03:02 AM
I just ordered VOIPo residential service, and I received 3 email confirmations, including the payment confirmation; however, none of these emails contained a phone number for me to use, nor any login information. The first email sent to me said I could log into a control panel, however, I have no username, no password, no phone number...nothing. So how am I supposed to use this service I just paid for?!! >:(:mad:

Note: I requested a new number when I signed up and paid-no porting of an old number.

budmaster
05-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Same happened to me. I simply made a call to a number with caller id to see what my number is. I was good to go from there.

chris
05-29-2012, 07:17 PM
As with others, I could not see my temporary phone number on the e-mail that was sent out. I was able to get on to the "V-Panel" easily though. Under billing, the temporary phone number is listed. Although not convenient, it works.

pasta
07-21-2012, 06:52 PM
I also received no temporary number so here I am with my ATA arriving on a Saturday and unable to receive calls. I can call out and the system is spoofing my number to be ported. I was unable to find my temporary number under billing and it was also not included when I had an email sent with a new password.
Any other ideas?