PDA

View Full Version : Needed....A Few Fertile Minds..

burris
04-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Thought I had the forwarding problem figured out, but maybe not.

I'm on VT with both lines active...At the same time, I have VOIPo working just fine.

I moved my phone system that I was using for VT second line, to the VOIPo.

I had the notion that I could set up SimRing on the VT side and have it dual ring with the VOIPo side, which it does. Although both phones ring, when trying to answer the call on the VT side, it doesn't answer...just gets a new dial tone...just keeps ringing on the VOIPo side.....in fact it doesn't even go to my answer machine. It does answer on the VOIPo side.

With the above settings, when I call my VT number from the VOIPo number, it rings back once and goes to an immediate busy. Never connects..If I call from the VT line to VOIPo line it answers normally.

The only commonality I see is that both adapters go through one adapter, but they have different IPs of course. I did disable line 2 in the Linksys, no change even though I did save the setting.

VT SimRing specifically say that both lines will ring and can be answered from either.

Thanks....

burris

fisamo
04-24-2008, 05:48 PM
It would be very easy to just say "Viatalk's feature isn't working right." The first thing I'd try is setting SimRing to a different number, such as a cell phone. Does the feature work properly with a different (non-VOIP) number as the SimRing number?

burris
04-24-2008, 06:08 PM
It would be very easy to just say "Viatalk's feature isn't working right." The first thing I'd try is setting SimRing to a different number, such as a cell phone. Does the feature work properly with a different (non-VOIP) number as the SimRing number?

I tried what you suggested and it does work..I'm sure there is something I overlooked in my original setup..

Tim just posted in another thread about re-using SIP ports with multiple devices, but I found that VT had me on 5060 and changed it to 5080 when I first registered with VOIPo..