PDA

View Full Version : UI Change: Send Fax

VOIPoTim
04-30-2008, 04:14 PM
The sub nav menu with Fax/Send Fax should contain all items now instead of being on its own little island. Should be easier to navigate.

Montano
04-30-2008, 04:16 PM
I noticed that it was all together now :) Makes it much easier.

N9MD
07-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Sorry to bump this thread, but nobody responded to my other post. (BooHoo)

Is there a charge for outgoing fax-to-PSTN from the VOIPo website, when we are logged into our account? That is, do we incur a "per fax" charge or a monthly/annual charge (or is it free) for outbound faxing --- if we are not signed up for incoming faxes?

VOIPoTim
07-24-2008, 01:55 AM
Sorry to bump this thread, but nobody responded to my other post. (BooHoo)

Is there a charge for outgoing fax-to-PSTN from the VOIPo website, when we are logged into our account? That is, do we incur a "per fax" charge or a monthly/annual charge (or is it free) for outbound faxing --- if we are not signed up for incoming faxes?

I'm leaning towards leaving the sending portion free with residential accounts.

christcorp
07-24-2008, 10:37 AM
I was looking through it last night. Seems much easier to read and use. I like it. I've been fortunate because my brother 9600 intellifax 775 works flawlessly on my voip line for sending and receiving faxes. But, it's really convenient to be able to find a file and fax it.

On a side note; when the hell will the rest of the people move on with technology and get away from faxes. There's nothing a fax machine can do that I can't do with my all in one printer/copier/scanner. I can hand write a letter with a crayon and SIGN it if needed, and scan it straight as a PDF and sent to any email address in the world. It takes just as much time as a fax. At work, I've actually stopped doing business with a particular vendor because he wouldn't get away from his fax and move on to email. Even though he had a PC and an email account, he wanted orders and work requests faxed to him. I told it was a waste of my time. With emails I can save them electronically. With faxes, I have to maintain a paper file. NO THANKS. Hopefully people will EVOLVE and then we don't have to worry about fax over voip, T.38, etc.. Later... Mike....

N9MD
07-24-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm leaning towards leaving the sending portion free with residential accounts.Wow! Very generous of you --- so long as this is not an added expense for VOIPo. .... Don't change your mind!

Brian
07-24-2008, 03:32 PM
Hmm...an old virtual number that I canceled a few weeks ago is showing as an option for sending. Tim, if you want to check, it's the 443-423-xxxx number.

usa2k
07-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Wow! Very generous of you --- so long as this is not an added expense for VOIPo. .... Don't change your mind!
A THOUGHT:

To avoid abuse, you could put a monthly cap on outgoing faxes if needed.
Just have an "XX Faxes Available" and make it unlimited(or something) when incoming FAX is purchased.

Brian
08-11-2008, 05:50 PM
I sent a fax over an hour ago and have yet to receive an email. Guess I'll put in a support ticket.

Brian
08-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Just now got a bunch of email notifications, with 0 pages sent.

VOIPoJoseph
08-12-2008, 02:35 PM
How large are the attachments that you are trying to fax? Also how many pages are you sending on each fax?

Brian
08-12-2008, 03:57 PM
It was 1 page, about 350K. I'm good now though, support assisted.

Brian
08-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Apparently faxes don't work on Sundays ;) 2 weeks in a row that I've had the same problem. Another ticket filed.

fisamo
08-17-2008, 05:38 PM
I also had a problem yesterday. Ticket filed.

VOIPoTim
08-18-2008, 06:21 AM
I'm talking to developers about this fax service this morning to see why there are some reoccurring problems coming up.

I'll post an update later.