PDA

View Full Version : Vpanel Observations

NY Tel Guy
05-02-2008, 07:17 AM
My extra line from VT just ported this morning and all seems to be working well.

2 observations:

1. I cannot update the 911 information in the vpanel - it just hangs and never accepts the info (I assume this is not final yet)
2. If I set my failover number to my cell as an example, and someone calls me - it appears that the call never shows up in the call records. Oddly, it is the same for VT.

I made 2 test calls today, one that went directly to Voice mail and then I programmed fail over to go to my cell until i can get an adapter that works with the service (I only have the ZOOM right now). This might be a glitch in the call record/billing system you might want to look into.

Other than that, all seems good.

VOIPoTim
05-02-2008, 08:13 AM
The 911 address updating should have 0 problems.

I just checked into your account it appears that 911 provider that we use is rejecting the number registration as a duplicate (we use the same provider as ViaTalk). They state that if a call comes in now, it will use VT account address information.

Obviously ViaTalk is not going to cooperate.

We're working with the provider to push for a solution to this now.

burris
05-02-2008, 08:17 AM
The 911 address updating should have 0 problems.

I just checked into your account it appears that 911 provider that we use is rejecting the number registration as a duplicate (we use the same provider as ViaTalk). They state that if a call comes in now, it will use VT account address information.

Obviously ViaTalk is not going to cooperate.

We're working with the provider to push for a solution to this now.

Although my info took with my temp number in the 911 fields, I suppose on Wed. when I my port goes through, I will experience the same problem?

VOIPoTim
05-02-2008, 08:18 AM
Although my info took with my temp number in the 911 fields, I suppose on Wed. when I my port goes through, I will experience the same problem?

Hopefully it'll be resolved by then. If not, then yes it could be an issue.

They are saying they do not allow duplicates in their system as a security measure so the data is always consistent.

This makes sense, but still creates this new situation, so I'm waiting for a response on it.

burris
05-02-2008, 08:28 AM
Hopefully it'll be resolved by then. If not, then yes it could be an issue.

They are saying they do not allow duplicates in their system as a security measure so the data is always consistent.

This makes sense, but still creates this new situation, so I'm waiting for a response on it.

As an afterthought, since my info will still be the same as it is on VT, won't it register as such?

The other question would be...if the account is no longer with VT, doesn't this release it to others?

VOIPoTim
05-02-2008, 09:04 AM
As an afterthought, since my info will still be the same as it is on VT, won't it register as such?

The other question would be...if the account is no longer with VT, doesn't this release it to others?

Basically it would not allow you to update it on our end since it's associated with them at the 911 provider, but it would use the address info they have if you dialed 911.

In VoIP, releasing isn't really connected... Every aspect (911, service, DID, etc) is all manual/seperate.

NY Tel Guy
05-02-2008, 12:28 PM
Basically it would not allow you to update it on our end since it's associated with them at the 911 provider, but it would use the address info they have if you dialed 911.

In VoIP, releasing isn't really connected... Every aspect (911, service, DID, etc) is all manual/seperate.
Tim,
In a way, this is good that me and Burris are your lab rats that have discovered this.
As for my account, rest assured that my line is currently not used at the house for anything urgent, I have a POTS line, an AT&T CallVantage Line and between my wife and myself - we have 6 cell phones (she is in that business).
The likelihood of anyone using that line to report a 911 emergency is 0% right now.
While my information is the same as in on file with VT, I do respect the rules and will wait for your advice and direction but I am not losing any sleep over it.
I am just glad to have escaped the slings and arrows of outrageous ViaTalk.

Bob

VOIPoTim
05-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Well in these cases if you did need to call 911 with them at least it would still go through, it's just the updating that was the issue.

I spoke with the owner of the 911 provider a few minutes ago and there were some unique circumstances surrounding the numbers in the ViaTalk account (which I won't get into) that had them flagged in a way that their CS people didn't know what to do with them.

We discussed the situation and he's assured me that we'll be good to go on Monday for all ViaTalk numbers in terms of the updating.

NY Tel Guy
05-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Well in these cases if you did need to call 911 with them at least it would still go through, it's just the updating that was the issue.

I spoke with the owner of the 911 provider a few minutes ago and there were some unique circumstances surrounding the numbers in the ViaTalk account (which I won't get into) that had them flagged in a way that their CS people didn't know what to do with them.

We discussed the situation and he's assured me that we'll be good to go on Monday for all ViaTalk numbers in terms of the updating.
Was one of the issues that I had an expired Credit Card on the VT account (done deliberately because I refused to pay the extra 911 fees) when I was grandfathered yet they continued to try and charge me.
So I dealt with it with my pocketbook.....

VOIPoTim
05-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Was one of the issues that I had an expired Credit Card on the VT account (done deliberately because I refused to pay the extra 911 fees) when I was grandfathered yet they continued to try and charge me.
So I dealt with it with my pocketbook.....

It wasn't specific to your DID, it was something affecting VT's account there as a whole.

NY Tel Guy
05-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Ok well no problem. I am just glad it is Friday:rolleyes:.....

NY Tel Guy
05-06-2008, 07:13 AM

I entered my 911 information into the voipo control panel and this time it was accepted.
Thanks Tim.

VOIPoTim
05-06-2008, 09:57 AM
I entered my 911 information into the voipo control panel and this time it was accepted.
Thanks Tim.

Glad to hear.

We have an agreement in place with the 911 provider for handling VT ports now, so this shouldn't return.

gbh2o
05-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Is the new Billing & Pricing section due to be introduced to the Vpanel soon? I'd like to see all the improvements, the first being that it fully works! The second being that it's as streamlined and maintains the KISS look and feel as much as possible. ;-)

Will it include an export function for call history/billing (a CDR) or a detailed 'invoice'; if so to what data or display formats [spreadsheet, database, choice of element & record delimiters, flat text or print file]? Not to be too pushy.