PDA

View Full Version : Checking In

VOIPoTim
05-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Usually there are threads for specific issues or it's handled through e-mail/PM.

How is everyone doing service wise in general?

What are your impressions as a whole of what we currently have?

How does everyone feel in terms or stability/reliability?

Once we go live publicly, is VOIPo something you would switch to? Recommend?

I'm interested in hearing thoughts on any of these. Just checking into to see how we're doing big picture wise.

tristatevoip
05-05-2008, 03:05 PM
From what I am seeing I have had no issues.
I have Voip from a cable company. I would switch to voipo.
I think this is going to be great service. There are a few point that i like like getting vmails in email. and test messages. That is very cool not offered with other providers. The thing I am waiting for is the reseller plan. ANd offer this my self to offer a great service and the hosted pbx for businesses. How far after the launch will the reseller plan launch

christcorp
05-05-2008, 03:38 PM
My service has been great. I haven't used it as much as I would have liked to in the last couple of months. Mostly because of a Packet8 issue trying to FORWARD those calls to voipo and retrieving voice mails. (Not a voipo issue) But, the experimenting and use of it has been great.

Overall, I am still impressed with the quality of the calls, the adapter, vpanel, and overall system. Obviously, the only thing left, which is VERY IMPORTANT to the NOOB and the average user out there; will be CUSTOMER SERVICE. There are going to be times where it doesn't work correctly, billing is wrong, feature doesn't work, and so on. They are going to want a customer service that is available, knowledgeable, and it understandable.

Assuming that is also in place, and the final price has been worked out, I have every intention of Porting my Packet8 number to VoipO. I also plan on recommending it. Later.... Mike.....

dswartz
05-05-2008, 03:57 PM
I've been very happy about the quality and reliability...

Montano
05-05-2008, 04:54 PM
I would switch my main home line to Voipo Residential, if not for the voicemail issues. But those are being worked on. So for now my main home line is in Voipo Express. My wife is incredibly picky when it comes to voicemail. She wants the attachment to play on her Blackberry, she wants to be able to check it online, she wants an 800 number to call and check messages... I could go on all day.

I can't recall an outage since day 1, and that's what is really important to me. 1 number ported to Voipo already and another has begun being ported. That says it all :)

burris
05-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Usually there are threads for specific issues or it's handled through e-mail/PM.

I'm interested in hearing thoughts on any of these. Just checking into to see how we're doing big picture wise.

For me, I'm very grateful to have been on the VOIPo service for the last 2 weeks, hoping that my scheduled port goes through on Wed.

As I write this, the problems with VT have still never been fixed for me, even though a tech called me last week and asked me if it would be ok to capture my calls. I don't know what he did, but after 3 calls to me, said he would call me back...As you can guess, I have not heard another word from him.

Then, as many of you might have read in the VT forum, Brendan posted a message telling me that I could or should or had better move on...and as renumeration for doing so, he would refund in full, all I had paid in. Little did he know, that even with 15 months prepaid to go, I was going to be out of there.

Fortunately Tim came through, or my wife would have thrown both me and my VT out on the street.:p

Thanks, Tim...

burris

VOIPoTim
05-06-2008, 12:41 PM
I would switch my main home line to Voipo Residential, if not for the voicemail issues. But those are being worked on. So for now my main home line is in Voipo Express. My wife is incredibly picky when it comes to voicemail. She wants the attachment to play on her Blackberry, she wants to be able to check it online, she wants an 800 number to call and check messages... I could go on all day.

I can't recall an outage since day 1, and that's what is really important to me. 1 number ported to Voipo already and another has begun being ported. That says it all :)

How is she with the voicemail now?

Montano
05-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Well..... the last thing to test is to see if the MMS messages go through to her Blackberry. But when I try to change the email address in the voicemail section of the CP, I get this error: 'Account Mismatch, Please Contact Support'

So looks like voicemail is still holding me back. But I have faith ;)

Edit: To be clear, this is in the Mailbox Settings under Send Email Notification. It gives me the above error with any email I try to enter.
Edit #2: Seems voicemail timestamp in the CP is off.... not only 2 hours, but minutes as well. I called @ 1:20 and the timestamp showed 3:05.

gbh2o
05-06-2008, 02:55 PM

VOIPo is providing only high qualiity, very reliable voice service.

The customer interface in clean and simple to understand and use, although you will need some help instructions for people that are not used to the environment and terminology.

The "Residential" service is probably nothing _I'd_ ever use; I have too much fun with the * boxes. I _will_ recommend VOIPo to anyone I know that is looking for a single-provider solution to replace as much of their regular POTS service as possible. I won't have to fear bad things happening to those I refer.

The "Express" service has it's merits for me where I need low volume, reasonably priced DIDs. It also offers me the neat fax services at very pleasant price point. GREAT! One way or another, I'll have to hold on to that! I still wish the vpanel would differentiate the products so I could be sure I was in the right one all the time.

I'll bide my time for the "Carrier" offering down the road. It could be the perfect companion for this * user. Every option is in there for the grabbing, in any combination I'd want.

Big picture... start telling the public you're going live!

Montano
05-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Voicemail timestamp is definitely off. I left a message @ 3:26 and it shows a time of 5:05.

I am now able to change the email address.. thanks :)

However, I did not get an email message when I had 559269xxxx@mms.att.net listed as my email.

fisamo
05-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Voicemail timestamp is definitely off. I left a message @ 3:26 and it shows a time of 5:05.

I am now able to change the email address.. thanks :)

However, I did not get an email message when I had 559269xxxx@mms.att.net listed as my email.

Perhaps the x's had something to do with it... :p :rolleyes:

It's high time I tested out the VM system...

dswartz
05-06-2008, 07:01 PM
I mostly concur with gbh2o, but for now, I can live with residential. I got a second cheap DID from another provider for voicemail access. I've found the voipo quality and reliability to be impressive.

myvoip07
05-06-2008, 10:23 PM
My service has been great with Voipo providing great quality service. I am extremely happy with Voipo and my main line is now Voipo.
I also like the nice, simple and clean Vpanel Interface.

chpalmer
05-06-2008, 11:30 PM
My service has been great with Voipo providing great quality service. I am extremely happy with Voipo and my main line is now Voipo.
I also like the nice, simple and clean Vpanel Interface.

I second your whole post... :D

vipsoft
05-07-2008, 02:54 AM
I'm generally impressed with VOIPo Express and will seriously consider dropping my 2nd line (i.e., dedicated line for a fax machine) when LNP details are worked out and/or a pool of local numbers is available.

For my home office, I can see myself subscribing to a VOIPo Residential and VOIPo Express bundle...assuming SOHO usage is permitted under the Terms of Service.

NY Tel Guy
05-22-2008, 07:33 AM
I received my Grandstream adapter (wow is it small!).
I have been testing the service and so far all seems well.
I particularly liked the self-provisioning part of the adapter.

True plug and play, It was ready for use within a few minutes (may have been less) that I plugged it in.

What is the purpose of the Green Button (the one that indicates connectivity and VM waiting), since it seems to be "clickable". Pushing on it seemed to do nothing except making a clicking sound.;)

christcorp
05-22-2008, 10:10 AM
I haven't found a reason for pushing it. Nothing happens. It will turn red however if you lose your connection. Green is active and VM. No light is idle. Later... Mike....

chpalmer
05-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Pick up your phone and press it.

The nice lady should say "Enter a Menu Option."

:)

NY Tel Guy
05-22-2008, 10:52 AM

The nice lady should say "Enter a Menu Option."

:)Are you serious or pulling my leg? I'm not at home now to try it but if that is true, what menu? What Option?

myvoip07
05-22-2008, 10:55 AM

The nice lady should say "Enter a Menu Option.":)
Does the HT286 has a phone menu like PAP2? Didn't had a chance to read the manual.

NY Tel Guy
05-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Are you serious or pulling my leg? I'm not at home now to try it but if that is true, what menu? What Option?I guess you were serious, here is a page from the user manual:

5 Basic Operations
5.1 Get Familiar with Key Pad and Voice Prompt
HandyTone-286 stores a voice prompt menu for quick browsing and simple configuration. To enter
this voice prompt menu, simply press the button on the HandyTone-286 or pick up the phone and dial
“***”. The following table shows how to use the voice prompt menu to configure the device.
Menu Voice Prompt User’s Options
Main Menu “Enter a Menu Option” Enter “*” for the next menu option
Enter “#” to return to the main menu
Enter 01 – 06, 47, 86 or 99 Menu option
01 “DHCP Mode”, or
“Static IP Mode”
Enter ‘9’ to toggle the selection
If user selects “Static IP Mode”, user need
configure all the IP address information
through menu 02 to 05. If user selects
“Dynamic IP Mode”, the device will retrieve
all IP address information from DHCP server
automatically when user reboots the device.
02 “IP Address “ + IP address The current WAN IP address is announced
Enter 12-digit new IP address if in Static IP
Mode.
03 “Subnet “ + IP address Same as Menu option 02
04 “Gateway “ + IP address Same as Menu option 02
05 “DNS Server “ + IP address Same as Menu option 02
07 Preferred Vocoder Enter “9” to go to the next selection in the list:
- PCM U
- PCM A
- G-723
- G-729
- iLBC
- G-726
12 WAN Port Web Access Enter “9” to toggle between:
- enable
- disable
13 Firmware Server IP Address The current Firmware Server IP address is
announced. Enter 12 digit new IP address.
14 Configuration Server IP
Address
The current Config Server Path IP address is
announced. Enter 12 digit new IP address.
15 Upgrade Protocol Upgrade protocol for firmware and
configuration update. Enter “9” to toggle
between:
- TFTP
- HTTP

chpalmer
05-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Wouldnt kid a kidder... :D

Ive used it a few times, once to see what IP address it was assigned by my router. Ive set it to be assigned static but forgot what it was...

:)

voxabox
05-22-2008, 01:22 PM
feature wise, I'm still waiting for schedulable sim. ring
other than that the service seems stable, and the voice quality has been excellent

once residential is publicly launched, I'd get it for my parents
as for my own home use, I still have about 12 mos of VT unlimited left to go,
and I have been pretty lucky that VT seems to work most of the time (for me)
knock on wood

Tim,
could you confirm if outgoing callerId with name avail./offered via "residential" service plan?