PDA

View Full Version : Pbx

12-13-2011, 01:42 PM
I am looking for a good voip service to use at home. I am running a Trixbox system at home just for the heck of it and I was getting ready to sign up for voipo, but I saw this was stated in the TOS:

The use of any other third party PBX systems or PBX software (such as Asterisk) is strictly prohibited. Users who attempt to circumvent this restriction face immediate termination of their service. VOIPo reserves the right to remotely access and manage any devices connected to our network.

But I have also noticed many people in this forum who are using Asterisk or the like. Should I move along to another company or will it be ok to use my PBX with VOIPo for home usage?

claganga
12-19-2011, 10:25 AM
you should call and ask if you're worried. I run asterisk and my take is they don't care as long as you're not abusing the service, IE trying to resell or run a business over it. If they asked me not use asterisk I'd probably move on, only because I like the flexibility it gives me to use voip as my home phone. My overall usage over voipo is very low though. This is my opinion though so if you're concerned ask support and service is pretty good!

Neebski
12-20-2011, 01:33 PM
If you review this thread, the owner Tim mentions his view on the TOS,

http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php/4881-Usage?highlight=asterisk