PDA

View Full Version : Using VOIPo with another provider

ctaranto
12-17-2011, 09:51 PM
I would like to know how to configure router port forwarding if I was to have both VOIPo (using a PAP2T) and another provider (using another PAP2T). I currently have UDP ports 5000-65000 forwarded through my router (running Tomato). If I had another provider, they would need some of those ports which would need to be forwarded to a different device.

SIP ports 5060/5061 would remain with VOIPo

I may use something like SIP ports 5089/5090 with another provider (so I could single those out in the port forwarding rules)

But what about the audio ports? They're seemingly random. How do two devices play nicely together?

Thanks...

-Craig

ymhee_bcex
12-29-2011, 02:33 AM
Hmm... I have 3 VoIP devices: VOIPo ATA, IP phone from work (that is administered by our network administrators), and OBi device that I use for Google Voice and SIP provider for international calls. All behind a router with OpenWRT. So far, I never had a need to forward SIP ports for any of these devices. I know that at least other SIP provider is using 5060... on the second thought, I only use it for outgoing calls, so that's why there is no need for port forwarding.

Audio ports certainly work fine together... we have two simultaneous calls regularly, and never had any problems...