PDA

View Full Version : call>pickup>hangup?

theotherwayne
12-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Hi!

I've opened a ticket on this and am awaiting a response, but I wondered if anyone has answered a call only to have it click to a disconnect (as if they hung up)? The callers end up going to voicemail.

It's getting to be a problem as it's totally intermittent and is happening more frequently. It's not limited to a particular caller either.

I have the PAP2 box behind my router, and it's ports are forwarded UDP 5004-65000

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Wayne

ram1220
12-20-2011, 03:12 PM
I haven't experienced it on incoming calls. But it happens on my outgoing calls about 25% of the time. And like you said it's not always the same number either.

WLH
12-21-2011, 03:02 PM
This has been happening a lot to us in the past 10 days or so. Also, it may route the caller to the VOIPo voicemail after I pick up the phone. At about the same time this started happening, the phones switched from a display of "Incoming call on both lines" to just "Incoming call on Line 1". Do you happen to have both lines from your adapter connected to your (two line) phone instruments?

Internet connectivity shouldn't be an issue, but I stopped getting ICMP replies to pings some time ago

Pinging Voipo [174.37.45.134] with 32 bytes of data

I looked closer and the adapter now connects with something very different:

50.97.129.83-static.reverse.softlayer.com (50.97.129.83)

I don't know how long that has been the case, but I do get ping replies from it, and have lost a few replies:

Ping statistics for 50.97.129.83:
Packets: Sent = 330, Received = 326, Lost = 4 (1% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 59ms, Maximum = 137ms, Average = 75ms
Control-Break

But this seems much more like my RT32P2 is going south, or VOIPo has changed some behavior when both lines are connected to the adapter. Only one of the two phone ports is now supplying Caller ID info in certain situations. If I use one line to call myself, it may go directly to VOIPo voicemail, and may come through as an incoming call with Caller ID. I've even duplicated the problem with answering the call and getting immediately switched to VOIPo voicemail on the calling line and dead air on the line I just answered.

Your problem is what brought me to the Forum after a long time of flawless use.

michaeljc70
01-05-2012, 11:42 AM
I have had this a lot lately in addition to callers telling me they here a ton of static (which I can't hear).

I've worked with support to play around with settings, port, etc., but I doubt it is on my end since I have had the service for a long time and nothing changed on my end.

ram1220
01-05-2012, 02:52 PM
I saw this problem yet again yesterday on 2 different calls. This time I had the problem on incoming calls like the OP. I've also been having problems with out going calls where it never rings. Usually redialing the number will get the call to go through. My problems always crop up at the same time each month. I'll go 3 weeks without a problem then just like clockwork here come the problems again. Nothing changes on my end. Has to be something on VOIPo's end. But they will tell you it isn't.

rcboats24
01-05-2012, 08:40 PM
We are experiencing a slightly different issue lately where when we answer incoming calls, there will be a click after answering and there will be no audio either way on the call, but the call will stay connected until one person hangs up. All outgoing and most incoming calls work, but occasionally we will hear the click after answering and the audio will get messed up. I've tried disconnecting line two from my two line phone thinking something with both lines ringing at once might be causing the issue with my phone, but it has not helped. VOIPO has been adjusting some things on their end and a packet filtering adjustment on the VOIPO side resolved most of the issue, but it still randomly occurs a few times a day. My ATA is directly on the internet so no port forwarding is necessary and all calls that do go through have perfect audio with no dropouts or delay.