PDA

View Full Version : BBR thread losing focus ?

Montano
05-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Mike started the thread in a positive manner, and it quickly turned into a VT vs Voipo catfight. Interesting how some of the usual VT fanboys are quick to comment on Voipo, without any knowledge of the service.

Like I said before, I've been with VT since day 1 and I never really had any issues at all with them. But something in my gut said it was time to move on. I don't think I will ever speak ill of them (unless they jack me when I cancel), as I really have no reason to. So it's hard for me to understand exactly where all the hostility/negativity comes from........

Hopefully there will be a Voipo thread that will speak only to the service Voipo provides.

VOIPoTim
05-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Hopefully there will be a Voipo thread that will speak only to the service Voipo provides.

That's what I'm hoping... I don't anticipate Brendan allowing that to happen though.

christcorp
05-08-2008, 03:18 PM
I had plans on letting the existing post last throughout the night. If it doesn't get back on track, I was planning on starting another thread where I would cut and paste the pertinent information into it and make a point of it staying technical/support Q&A/Discussion type. I planned on making a comment on the existing thread to urge people to get back on track. We'll see. Later... Mike....

VOIPoTim
05-08-2008, 03:31 PM
The best thing I think most people can post at this point would be experience with using the service.

dswartz
05-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Montano, I see this in lots of places. People get emotionally invested in X, whatever that is, so they feel personally attacked or something. Dunno...

burris
05-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Mike started the thread in a positive manner, and it quickly turned into a VT vs Voipo catfight. Interesting how some of the usual VT fanboys are quick to comment on Voipo, without any knowledge of the service.

Like I said before, I've been with VT since day 1 and I never really had any issues at all with them. But something in my gut said it was time to move on. I don't think I will ever speak ill of them (unless they jack me when I cancel), as I really have no reason to. So it's hard for me to understand exactly where all the hostility/negativity comes from........

I don't even begin to understand why VT is at all involved in the thread. Especially when VTiain said he is only here as it is his day off and he was interested. Interested in what? I don't even know what he is asking or why.

If you have been following the VT forum, you would have seen that Brendan publicly offered me everything I have paid into VT when I cancel. I did send a ticket to their billing and after a few responses, they indicated that as soon as they receive their adapter back, they will credit my account.

I was already in the process of bailing out without this offer, even though I had about 15 pre-paid months to go.

burris

usa2k
05-08-2008, 08:15 PM
I had plans on letting the existing post last throughout the night. If it doesn't get back on track, I was planning on starting another thread where I would cut and paste the pertinent information into it and make a point of it staying technical/support Q&A/Discussion type. I planned on making a comment on the existing thread to urge people to get back on track. We'll see. Later... Mike....

And the use of Hey Mod would not hurt.

Still, threads always have a life of their own.
Some threads deteriorate and live on.
I once posted a problem in the WideOpenWest forum when I stayed home all day for my cable ISP and they called at the end of the day to say they had no device to bring.
That forum moved my post to Rants and Raves and I thought I just stated the facts politely??????

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,12867874

VOIPoTim
05-13-2008, 01:56 AM
I don't think this really applies to anyone here, but I'm holding up my end of the bargain in relaying this. Brendan is going to rein in his side of things as well.

There's been a lot of back and forth with ViaTalk which should be coming to an end.

Brendan contacted me today and we had a nice long talk. We've both agreed to keep things civil and to end this little feud that's been going on for 2 years. This could change, but for the time being we're on friendly terms and may even do a little business in the near future.

Unless I've missed it, everyone here has been civil on BBR. Please keep it this way.

There shouldn't be any more negative VT commentary.

Montano
05-13-2008, 05:19 AM
Great to hear Brendan is maturing :)

Let's see how long it lasts.

quattrohead
05-13-2008, 06:12 AM
Thats good to hear, duking it out in public will damage you both, no matter who is right.
However, users with problems can still call a spade a spade !!!!

burris
05-13-2008, 07:23 AM
Thats good to hear, duking it out in public will damage you both, no matter who is right.

Your comment sort of resembles the political debates going on..:rolleyes: