PDA

View Full Version : Misc SIP Settings - Need Assistance

dtrose
12-21-2011, 11:03 PM
Hi All -

Currently using a CISCO UC320W system at the house with two full accounts from VOIPO and have a couple of questions that I hoping someone can assist.

I know all of the normal items such as User ID, server / host name, etc. but I've got some extra fields for which I'm not suure how or if they are needed.

I've got a section labeled "SRV Record" which has two options,

1) SRV Record Lookup (can be checked or unchecked) and
2) SRV Auto Prefix (also can be checked or unchecked)

Second Section is labeled "NAT" which has two options,

1) NAT Mapping (can be checked or unchecked) and
2) Send NAT Keep Alive (can be checked or unchecked)

Lastly a section which is not Specific to VOIPO but any and ALL SIP providers setup on the system labeled "Systemwide SIP Parameters"

1) NAT STUN Server (for which I've populated with "zeus.voipwelcome.com") and
2) "Static Address for Site" for which I've left blank.

Again if anyone has any suggested settings for these it would be appreciated. My Cisco UC320W IS behind a Time Warner Combo Modem / Router and DOES have ports forwarded to the CISCO Box.

Thanks very much
Dean T Rose
Dallas, TX

ymhee_bcex
12-29-2011, 02:18 AM
If you don't make IP calls, then SRV values don't really matter... for more look here (http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/DNS+SRV)
If you don't know what NAT is, it most likely should be enabled (and keep-alive as well). In such case you may not need SIP ports (I assume 5060 or 5061) forwarded to ATA
Having STUN server doesn't hurt, and if VOIPo has its own - you should use it. There are also numerous public STUN servers

None of these values are specific to your adapter. There is plenty of info for all of them on the web.