PDA

View Full Version : Grandstream and Android tablet problem

wj3v
12-27-2011, 10:31 PM
I am a new subscriber. The service seems like it will work fine for me if I can work out a couple bugs. I have the HT502 hooked up per the supplied instructions. DSL modem, HT502, router. Everything seems to work ok except my wifes android tablet will not load certain web sites. Also, youtube videos will not load. If I unhook the HT502 all works fine. I tried rebooting all the devices and still same issue. Any ideas? I have also emailed for support but thought maybe someone here has an answer.

My Iphone also has the same issue..............

tritch
12-28-2011, 09:44 AM
You might want try bridging the HT502. This will require you (or support) to access the router configuration of the HT502. Just ask support that you wish to bridge the HT502 and they should be able to help you.

GSSupport
01-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Dear Customer,

To set the HT502 in bridge mode instead that in router you have to enter to the WEB User Interface, go to basic settings and set the Device Mode to Bridge instead of NAT Router.

For this the Modem has tohave a DHCP server capable of giving IP to the HT502 and the Router at the same time because the HT502 will disable the DHCP server and the WAN Side and the LAN side will be the same Network which is provided by the modem.

I hope this help you. If you need more information, let me know.

Regards

GSSupport
01-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Dear Customer,

To set the HT502 in Bridge mode, you have to enter to the Web User Interface, then go to Basic Settings and set the Device Mode in Bridge instead of its default "NAT Router," update and reboot.

For this the Modem has to be able to give IP to the HT502 and the Router at the same time because the HT502 will disable the DHCP server and will server as a bridge meaning that the Wan and Lan Side will be the same Network provided by the modem.

I hope this helps you. If you need more information, let me know.

Best Regards,