PDA

View Full Version : VM Question.

burris
05-10-2008, 12:47 PM
I keep my voice mail off, I think(hope.)

On occasion, a caller will call my number and even though it hits my answer machine, they will get a generic message from somewhere and not recognizing my voice, will hang up. The call shows up in my call logs, but not on the phone's CID but shows as a recorded VM call in the VPanel. A minute later they call again, and all is well..CID shows as well as in call logs and message is recorded on my machine.

This has only happened a few times. The only way I know this is because of the flashing green adapter light and stutter tone on the phone.

If a VOIPo person is reading this and wants to take a look, the recorded times in the log are 1:01pm and 1:02pm today.

Thanks..

burris

NY Tel Guy
05-10-2008, 03:35 PM
I keep my voice mail off, I think(hope.)

On occasion, a caller will call my number and even though it hits my answer machine, they will get a generic message from somewhere and not recognizing my voice, will hang up. The call shows up in my call logs, but not on the phone's CID but shows as a recorded VM call in the VPanel. A minute later they call again, and all is well..CID shows as well as in call logs and message is recorded on my machine.

This has only happened a few times. The only way I know this is because of the flashing green adapter light and stutter tone on the phone.

If a VOIPo person is reading this and wants to take a look, the recorded times in the log are 1:01pm and 1:02pm today.

Thanks..

burris
It is probably Brendan hunting you down for his remaining 911 surcharges....

burris
05-10-2008, 03:42 PM
It is probably Brendan hunting you down for his remaining 911 surcharges....

That's funny....

I cancelled as per his instructions. He agreed to refund everything I paid in.

At that moment, a charge for $50 hit my credit card. Today, they received my adapter back and said they would credit my card for the $50..

At the same time, the said they couldn't credit my card for the refund as the charge was made too long ago??, so they put in for a check which will take up to 90 days. :rolleyes:

NY Tel Guy
05-10-2008, 04:07 PM
That's funny....

I cancelled as per his instructions. He agreed to refund everything I paid in.

At that moment, a charge for $50 hit my credit card. Today, they received my adapter back and said they would credit my card for the $50..

At the same time, the said they couldn't credit my card for the refund as the charge was made too long ago??, so they put in for a check which will take up to 90 days. :rolleyes:I would post that at DSL Reports and let Brendan see it. That is just downright sneaky and a way to hold onto your money for 3 months.
Typical, typical,typical.....

dswartz
05-10-2008, 08:33 PM
I predict one of two answers:

1. (crickets chirping)

2. some BS about how it was all a misunderstanding.

even better, i'll wager (sucker bet) that one or more VT fanboys come to the rescue... this kind of sleaze is typical, i'm sorry to say (of VT I mean)

NY Tel Guy
05-10-2008, 09:35 PM
I predict one of two answers:

1. (crickets chirping)

2. some BS about how it was all a misunderstanding.

even better, i'll wager (sucker bet) that one or more VT fanboys come to the rescue... this kind of sleaze is typical, i'm sorry to say (of VT I mean)
LOL....agreed.After I saw Brendan calling his future customers "pigs" in his myspace profile, I am ready for anything.

vipsoft
05-12-2008, 12:59 AM
The 90 days is fishy, but a cheque, in itself, should be fine. For large amounts, it makes more economic sense for a merchant to issue a cheque for a refund (e.g., $0.75 bank fee for processing a cheque) vs a refund through VISA/MC (i.e., merchant fee applies). For example, if I were to issue a refund to a customer for $1000 on his/her VISA, I would also have to pay VISA a merchant fee (e.g., 2.5%) of $25. (That's on top of the merchant fees already paid on the customer's original purchase. Disgusting double-dipping...)

dswartz
05-12-2008, 06:42 AM
The 90 days was totally bogus, because they just put the charge for the adapter on his card! 90 days gives them a chance to make a little change on the float before the check. This is typical of VT's business ethics (which I believe, as in most companies, flows top down [in this case, from Brendan]). I guess pigs (customers) deserve this :(

NY Tel Guy
05-12-2008, 07:38 AM
The 90 days was totally bogus, because they just put the charge for the adapter on his card! 90 days gives them a chance to make a little change on the float before the check. This is typical of VT's business ethics (which I believe, as in most companies, flows top down [in this case, from Brendan]). I guess pigs (customers) deserve this :(
Oink, oink.....