PDA

View Full Version : Grandstream GXP1200 or GXP1450 2-Line Phone

KB2UNK
02-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Hello all,

As of today, Viopo has finished setting up my new Voip service and now i am interested in getting a new 2-Line Voip Phone for my Home Office. I do like the looks and the features and price of the Grandstream Voip phones. I am interested in the GXP1200 or for a little extra dollars, the GXP1450 models. I believe that I have a "Primary" number and a "Addon Line" and I am seeing 2 independent SIP numbers - such as:

609xxx3511 sip:609xxx3511@68.37.72.176:5078;user=phone - For Line-1

and...

609xxx3551 sip:609xxx3551@68.37.72.176:5079;user=phone - For Line-2

I did "x" out my actual numbers so you all don't call me! (LOL!!!) ;)

Can you please tell me if either of these Viop Phones will work for me? I do keep my 2 lines independent and separate of each other - one strictly for business and one for home use.

I am seeing something about shared or dual or independent SIP for these 2-Line phones.

Thanks ahead of time if anyone can help me here with this!

Best regards,
KB2UNK

GSSupport
02-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Hi there,

First of all, thank you very much for considering Grandstream products, we all very appreciate it. Regarding to your question and based on your condition, I think you have two accounts to be used, one in your office and one at home. Am I right? In this case, GXP-1200 would not fit you, cause it only has one account. GXP-1450, on the other hand, fits you perfectly. GXP-1450 has two accounts and two lines of each account. It means you can register both of your accounts 3511 and 3551 at same time without any problems. Also, every account has 2 lines to make sure even you are in the middle of talking with another guy, you will not miss any incoming call.

Here's the link of GXP-1450, you are also welcomed to choose other Grandstream products. Thank you.

http://www.grandstream.com/index.php/products/ip-voice-telephony/enterprise-ip-phones/gxp1450

GSSupport
02-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Hi there,

Sorry I had a mistake needs to correct.

GXP1200 also has two accounts, which means it also meets your requirement. You can register both of your accounts on this phone.

Here's the link of GXP-1200

http://www.grandstream.com/index.php/products/ip-voice-telephony/enterprise-ip-phones/gxp1200

Thanks,

robhouston
02-07-2012, 07:23 PM
KB2UNK:

VOIPo is not particularly BYOD friendly. To my knowledge, they will provide the credentials to use your primary line on a BYOD device, such as the Grandstream telephones you are considering, but they will not provide the credentials to use the addon line on a BYOD device. So, in order to do what you want to do, you'd have to change the addon number to an entirely separate account.

If I'm wrong about any of this, someone will come along and correct me.

Rob
WA0WKO

KB2UNK
02-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Hello all,

Well, since my initial post from 02/07/12, I ended up going with (2) separate and independent HT-502 Voip Routers. A (1) Router setup with an add-on line was not exactly what I wanted as far as “total separate independence” for my (2) phone lines. One is strictly used for business and the other for a leisurely house line.

I did not like the two lines sharing the same router and V-Panel and did not like have they both meshed together with the router of V-Panel, so I with the help and advice from Voipo decided to just add a 2nd Viop Router into my network. I now have (2) totally independent Voip Routers and V-Panels and I am much happier this way!

Even with two Voip Routers, I still feel that I am saving BIG money this way, as opposed to being burned by Verizon for years now at an incredible monthly charge of $142.00 per month for (2) phone lines for a home office and a home line!

I am a happy camper now and Voipo saw to it that I am happy and they certainly took care of all of my needs and tech support issues and overall, I am happy with their prices, service, voice quality, tech support, V-Panel, All of the Bells and Whistles, etc… Thanks Voipo!

Thank you all for replying back to my post and like I said, now that I have (2) independent SIP accounts, I have even more flexibility I feel to go with either of these phones. Thanks all for the support and advice and thank you GrandStream for chiming in too! I think I will just go with the GXP1450, because for the few dollars more, it does have I feel a nicer display, features, etc… and now that you all say that this will work for my setup, that’s the phone for me!

So thank you again Voipo and all of you forum members for getting back to me with all of the great help and advice and I am so far loving VOIP and opposed to old copper Verizon crap!

Best regards,
Jim – KB2UNK :cool: