PDA

View Full Version : Please Use Helpdesk

VOIPoTim
05-13-2008, 01:09 AM
Hey Guys,

As we’ve always said, we don’t officially provide support during the BETA. The primary reason we stress this is that there will be some bugs that we won’t be able to be immediately addressed.

Right now we have e-mails, PMs, calls, and IMs going to several different people in addition to posts on the forums, etc.

From this point on, please help us keep things efficient through the remainder of the BETA by using our helpdesk for all technical issues, bug reports, etc. Just send an e-mail to support@voipo.com with the info. We revamped the helpdesk today and you do NOT need to register to use it. Just e-mail or click “Submit a Ticket”. Helpdesk registration is optional.

Feel free to post in the forums about reported issues as well to see what others experience, but always open a ticket. If you have general feedback or suggestions or just want to check in on things, etc, feel free to continue to use the contact methods.

Please submit 1 bug/issue per ticket when possible. This way if a ticket has multiple issues which need to be assigned to someone specific or are actionable, they’re already separated out so we can handle them individually.

You can login to support.voipo.com to check the status of your tickets using the e-mail and key that will be e-mailed to you when you send in a ticket.

This will allow us to keep things organized so things don’t get lost in the shuffle especially since we're in the first big hiring phase right now.

quattrohead
05-13-2008, 06:23 AM
OK, I put a ticket in reguarding the VM system and just got an email from it.

I think you should create a form to fill in with fields for the necessary info you would need for typical fault finding, ISP, router model, ATA model, type of fault etc. and the all important phone number and name of customer !!!!

usa2k
05-14-2008, 05:07 AM
Anyone looking to port, feel free. We've been processing about 1 a day with no issues.

Just use the form linked and send it to me with a bill copy (or print something showing your name/address and CDRs if with a service that doesn't generate invoices).

Fax: 832-426-7700
E-Mail: td@voipo.com

Let me know if you have questions.
I've not heard any confirmation from the fax, so I sent the email too. Do I need to send a help desk?

VOIPoTim
05-14-2008, 11:32 AM
I've not heard any confirmation from the fax, so I sent the email too. Do I need to send a help desk?

No, your port is fine. Still listed a pending, but it's definitely been submitted.

usa2k
05-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Awesome - in volume LNP requests you should have some kind of status reporting. Right on vPanel would be good - even if it just said:

"05/09/08: 734-437-xxxx LNP Request in Progress."

VOIPoNorm
05-20-2008, 08:07 AM
The Helpdesk at http://support.voipo.com should be used to open trouble tickets.

We have started customizing this software and recently added three (non-required) custom fields when a "support" ticket is opened. These fields are:

Calling Number
Called Number
Date/Time

Their descriptions are pretty obvious.

Please try to fill in these fields whenever possible because it will help us track down your problem more quickly.

We are open to suggestions regarding the addition of any other custom fields that would help us to resolve issues in a timely fashion.

Regards,
Norm

fisamo
05-20-2008, 08:40 AM
A few suggestions (that admittedly may 'scare' some of the less tech-savvy customers):

Router model (if known)
Router firmware (if known--may suggest 'stock' or 'aftermarket') and version
ISP (maybe also include checkboxes for Cable, DSL, Fiber, Other?)
Broadband modem model# and firmware version (if known)
Hardware (e.g. Grandstream or BYOD)

I think it's reasonable to put all of these fields up as 'optional' during the Beta, but I'm hoping you won't find them to be necessary once you launch.

VOIPoNorm
05-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Added the suggested new fields.

Eventually we may change the "text" fields to be "radio-buttons" or "drop-down lists", or something else where applicable.

All of these fields are currently optional.

Regards,
Norm

GatorCRose
05-27-2008, 04:14 PM
How long is the wait in que for the support desk
Just wondering

VOIPoTim
05-27-2008, 04:26 PM
How long is the wait in que for the support desk
Just wondering

Hey Chris,

There's actually no real-time support provided during the BETA. We're just addressing bugs and bug reports, so any responses outside of those areas will be slow until launch.

I'll look for your ticket and see what I can find.