PDA

View Full Version : Using secondary number as fax line

popmidi
03-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Can you do this?

ThorsDad
03-15-2012, 06:00 PM
For $3 a month you can add a FAX cloud number for incoming FAX to email. Does that answer your question?

ymhee_bcex
03-15-2012, 09:18 PM
You can connect a fax machine to the second phone port on the adapter. However, it may or may not work. As somebody quipped, there is a reason it's called Voice over IP.

Depending on your needs (namely, how much outgoing faxes you send), Voipo cloud number maybe a solution. If not - take a look at these providers (http://www.faxcompare.com/). I am using Extreme fax, and have had very good experience with them (Antidisclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with them, and have no financial interest whether you sign up or not).

Brody
03-17-2012, 12:46 PM
I'm set up this way, and it works... sometimes. Incoming is much more reliable than outgoing - not sure why. I use it every other month or so, so it's definitely not mission critical for me.

willumpg
04-01-2012, 06:21 AM
I just switched from Comcast and was set up originally with a phone line splitter for my fax machine(which is just an epson workForce 500). My first try to fax two documents worked perfectly(at least the message said they went through).

gitioan
11-05-2012, 12:30 AM
What do you want from your business line? It's a critical part of any operation, so Bell lets you select the phone service package with features that work for you..