PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have these issues?

chrisb009
03-17-2012, 07:16 AM
First; I have used many VOIP carriers over the years with little to no issues. Now; to the issues at hand: there are certain numbers VOIPo will not dial regardless of whether it's through the BYOD or their ATA. I tried dialing an 804.305.xxxx; goes to dead air. Dial the same number on a different carrier, non VOIPo SIP provider, call goes through with no issues. Dialed the same number on a cell, call goes through with no issues. Second issue; their BYOD server is questionable at best. Their BYOD server seems to be intermittent on a regular basis. I do realize their BYOD is not supported however why offer a service which is intermittent at best. Some of the issues I have encountered with their BYOD; intermittent call audio (one call is fine while another call - cannot hear the called number or vice versa); intermittent inbound calls coming through, intermittent outbound calls and the dreaded service not available to register with. I am considering cancelling this service and requesting a refund of my full four year prepayment.

cmc850
03-17-2012, 06:14 PM
I don't dial the numbers you suggest, but have not had any numbers not work. As for byod...I have a sip phone and several soft phones registered, and have had zero issues registering, anytime.

The one way audio issues you mention are often due to you network or router config. I'm not saying you aren't having issues, I'm just saying it must not be a service issue for all, as I have no problems with either the standard server and ata or byod.

voipinit
03-18-2012, 10:38 AM
I was having a problem similar to yours that lasted for about 2-3 weeks a couple months ago, it was not all the time, but often enough to be aggravating The problem resolved with no known changes. Of course any changes made by VOIPo or my ISP, I wouldn't know about. I've had the service since Jan 2009 and other than the burp a couple months ago, it has been rock solid. Your problem sounds like excessive latency (as was mine), where and who is responsible is the unknown variable. I have no experience with the BYOD server, so I can't comment on that.

christcorp
03-18-2012, 05:38 PM
I went to google and looked up some 804-305 numbers in the virginia area. They were businesses I figured would be closed on a sunday. I called 2 different numbers on my voipo and they rang right through. Not sure what to say.

willumpg
04-04-2012, 08:39 AM
I been on VOIPO for about 3 weeks. This morning I had to call Comcast about another TV problem. I dialed the number and it took about 30-45 seconds before it rang at Comcast. I tried another number and it worked fined. Last night my wife called a friend. Neither one could hear each other on 3 trys and both dialing out at different times. One was an 800 number and two were local numbers.