PDA

View Full Version : Calls forwarding from my work phone to my VOIPo phone have issues on incoming calls.

dcass
04-12-2012, 06:29 PM
I regularly telecommute for work. My employer supports remote workers by allowing us to forward our office phones to our home phones so that people won't have issues contacting us by phone. The problem is that when people call my office phone, I must answer it at home on the first ring or else it ends up going to my voicemail at work. However, when I do answer it right away, the caller is still hearing the phone ring for 4 rings, then they are connected to me. I get silence on my end until the call goes through. If I answer it after the 2nd ring, I get the same silence that I do when I answer it right away, but the caller will hear the 5th ring and the office phone system will send them to my office voicemail, then I hear the sound of a call being disconnected.

Obviously this could be an issue with my company's phone system. It seems to happen mostly with calls that are coming from inside the phone system, although it does happen with some external callers. This never happens when people call my home phone directly, whether from my office or not.

Anybody experience anything like this?

ymhee_bcex
04-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Troubleshooting question. What happens if you forward to some other phone (say, your cell phone)?

dtread
08-01-2012, 08:56 PM
actually, i have this same issue. I use a call forward option and work at home. Sometimes, i will get the first call, then all the rest do not get to me in time before they get routed to vm no matter how fast I "pickup".