PDA

View Full Version : International numbers don't go through

ymhee_bcex
04-28-2012, 04:57 PM
It seems that calling 011 + number on BYOD device doesn't ring. I checked the dial plan, in fact I changed the provider without changing the dial plan and the call went fine with different provider (with the same dial plan and the same phone number).

Is there a different way to dial internationally on BYOD devices vs. locked devices? I know other providers require either prefix 00 or not prefix at all. But Voipo mentions only 011.

It's not a big deal - I am using a different provider for my international calls anyway; and even if I use exactly 60 free minutes of international calls with free Voipo minutes, I would save 60 cents max... So, it's mostly technical question. Just curious!

Felix

VOIPoTim
04-28-2012, 11:40 PM
International calling is restricted to our device only. We do not offer international calling via BYOD. This is a security measure that protects us from fraud.

ymhee_bcex
04-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Thanks, Tim. It's good to know that it wasn't my tinkering with the dial plan that caused the problem.

As bizarre as it sounds when lack of functionality is justified by security measures - you are the boss and you set the rules. We are used to flight attendants not letting economy class passengers into business class lavatories - of course, for security reasons!