PDA

View Full Version : Contacts list help

Roymazz
06-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Hi, new customer here. I'm trying to understand how the contacts list works in vpanel. How do I access my list from my phone? I'm assuming custom caller id is the phone number? What about the create Contact location section? Does the same number go there too? And does phone Description mean cell, home, office, etc? If you would, kindly address all questions. Thanks in advance for your help.

holmes4
06-20-2012, 04:55 PM
The main benefit is that when you add a contact, it shows up with the contact name you chose in Caller ID and in the call history. The Cell/Home also shows in Caller ID. You can also group contacts and create "call routes" (can be used as speed dials) for contacts or groups, or you can whitelist, blacklist or specify other actions for individual contacts.

sbjoe
06-22-2012, 03:38 PM
I'm also a new user and am interested in finding out whether the contacts list can be readily accessed for the
purpose of making outgoing calls. I'm not much inclined to go to the considerable trouble of populating it if all
I'm likely to get out of it is identification of some incoming calls. Thx, -joe

holmes4
06-22-2012, 05:46 PM
No, you can't dial via the contacts list. You can create "speed dials" from contacts, though.

sbjoe
06-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Thx. Not what I particularly wanted to hear but it could be worse.
I'll just continue to route my calls through google voice.
-joe