PDA

View Full Version : iPod/iPad/iPhone App?

jelpac
07-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Has there ever been any discussion about creating an app for iPod/iPad/iPhone? I tend to be on my mobile device far more frequently than on a PC. It would make managing my account via the control panel much more convenient. Also, it would perhaps be better suited for handling the new text message feature. I suppose it would largely depend on the number of voipo users that have & use such devices.

Thanks
J-E

holmes4
07-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Rather than a specific app, if the web control panel were more "friendly" to mobile browsers, which it could auto-detect. that would be as good as an app. I have seen many sites go this way.

VOIPoTim
07-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Rather than a specific app, if the web control panel were more "friendly" to mobile browsers, which it could auto-detect. that would be as good as an app. I have seen many sites go this way.

This is the direction we're looking at going in the future. We know that a mobile app is something there's a demand for and want to build one in the future. With that said, we are looking at likely just developing a nice slick mobile "optimized" interface for this so that it would be platform agnostic and work for all users rather than doing individual apps for iOS, Android, Blackberry, etc.

holmes4
07-03-2012, 11:26 AM
FWIW, if anyone is looking for a nice iOS softphone app that works with VOIPo, Acrobits Softphone or Acrobits Groundwire (more features) are quite nice. They're not free, but the free apps I have found are missing features I want.

ymhee_bcex
07-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Just wondering, what would be the reasons to use VOIPo-specific app, as opposed generic SIP softphone? Other than, of course, being a blessed and supported by VOIPo, and not suspicious BYOD agent. But technically speaking, would there be any benefit?

VOIPoTim
07-03-2012, 04:32 PM
I think the OP was talking mostly about an app to control the features. More of a control panel app than a softphone.

ymhee_bcex
07-03-2012, 10:17 PM
I think the OP was talking mostly about an app to control the features. More of a control panel app than a softphone.
Oh, I see sorry - I misunderstood. Then I am with you: a mobile-friendly website is better than an app! But of course, a PC-friendly website is even more important! It's July already, so I am holding my breath ;)