PDA

View Full Version : New Functionality

VOIPoBrandon
07-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Resellers,

We've released a couple of new functional features for you resellers.

---

Media Path
Media path allows you as the reseller / administrator more fine grain control over how the negotiation of audio works when you make & receive calls for a particular Full Service Line account.

You may ask - how does this benefit me?

This is primarily useful when you have a client registered endpoint that appears to be public (i.e. not behind NAT).

This could result with the device actually being behind a NAT/Firewall because of a particular NAT/Firewall behavior, DMZ, or a SIP ALG that is simply giving the wrong appearance when it registers to our network.

The way we handle audio by default when we see a publicly available endpoint - we will establish audio directly between this endpoint and our upstream carriers.

The problem that some of you run into in this scenario is that the endpoint really is behind some kind of Firewall/NAT and the audio packets are blocked because the negotiated audio IP / gateway is treated as a 'foreign' identity trying to send data into your network.

This is when and where you would want to use media path (Force Media Path).

This will essentially bridge the audio between our upstream carriers, voipo's network, and your network. Allowing for a trusted source to deliver audio to your endpoint.

Generate New Credentials
Some of you have had the unfortunate experience of your credentials being compromised.

This allows for you to quickly change your credentials for a given Full Service Line account. It will automatically adjust provisioning if you are using a provisioned device on our network.

---

Please feel free to reply and let me know if you have any further questions or would like for me to further clarify anything.

As always - thanks for your business and thanks for listening!

redoneusa
07-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Great news! Thanks for the update Brandon.

chevyman
07-15-2012, 10:59 AM
how about adding Linksys RTP300 & RTP300-NA as a provisioned devices, there seem to be lots of them out there, plus they should be close to the other Linksys devices you have(rt31p2). thanks!

VOIPoTim
07-17-2012, 12:25 AM
how about adding Linksys RTP300 & RTP300-NA as a provisioned devices, there seem to be lots of them out there, plus they should be close to the other Linksys devices you have(rt31p2). thanks!

I'm not sure on this, but have you tried provisioning one as an RT? I think the provisioning file is the same format (but we'd have to check).

Alot of it is pretty standard with most brands using the same provisioning templates so it's possible they may already be able be to provisioned without changes.

chevyman
08-02-2012, 03:03 PM
I'm not sure on this, but have you tried provisioning one as an RT? I think the provisioning file is the same format (but we'd have to check).

Alot of it is pretty standard with most brands using the same provisioning templates so it's possible they may already be able be to provisioned without changes.

i'll try it out, i just got done unlocking the rt31p2 v??age and it seem to provisioned it self except for some reason line 2 didn't fill in so i just copied the same as line 1

chevyman
08-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Tim

i just tried provisioning on rtp300, it seem to work i can make and receive calls, but I'm locked out of voice. i changed password still locked out, so i tried adding a user password now i'm locked out of everything. it looks like something in the passwords cfg is different. is there anyway i can download the provisioning file to see if i can fix it for the rtp300?

thanks

GreenLantern
10-02-2012, 07:00 PM
This was asked in another thread, but I'll repeat it here since it seems to have been missed.

Is there any reason why one would NOT want to enable the Force Media Proxy setting on any or all of their reseller accounts?

Thanks.

VOIPoBrandon
10-02-2012, 07:16 PM
This was asked in another thread, but I'll repeat it here since it seems to have been missed.

Is there any reason why one would NOT want to enable the Force Media Proxy setting on any or all of their reseller accounts?

Thanks.

There is no real reason NOT to use Force Media Proxy, just some people prefer to maintain a direct media path if possible, instead of having all of their audio route through VOIPo's network because sometimes it may be a more direct connection otherwise.