PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request - call routing by group membership and/or annotated routing

HDB2000
07-17-2012, 06:27 PM
I don't get many telemarketing calls any more, but still get plenty of calls from nonprofits, charities, political groups, etc.

When I get such a call and choose to block the caller going forward, I'd like to be able to have some idea who the call was from so that I could unblock them later, if I desired.

So here is how I do an annotated block. In my call history, I create a contact from the call record, and fill in some info about the caller's organization. I assign the new contact to group "BLOCK". Then I jump to call routing and re-blacklist group "BLOCK". Routing operations act on a group as comprised at the moment of the operation, which is why adding a member to the group forces me to update the routing for that group.

It would be great if I could have everyone in my BLOCK group blacklisted, and have it adjust routing automatically when I change membership of the group.

As an alternative, I'd like the ability to add a note - just a single field -when I choose a routing operation for a number in my call history. This would be just as good, as I don't really want to keep these numbers around as contacts.

Thanks for listening, and keep up the great work. I couldn't be happier to have dropped my local phone carrier in favor of Voipo.