PDA

View Full Version : Simultaneous Ring - Find Me/Follow Me

VOIPoTim
07-24-2012, 01:04 AM
The simultaneous ring feature has previously been only for "off network" calls and would not work for calls within the VOIPo network due to the way the audio was handled.

In our final prep for the new feature and vPanel rollout later this week, we went ahead and tweaked the audio handling with simul ring and we believe it should be working for all calls including on network now.

If you happen to use simul ring and receive calls from other VOIPo customers, can you please test it and confirm that it's now working for on network calls?

Our tests have all been good, but we'd like to have a few others confirm for us. If you experience issues with SimulRing with On Network Calls, please e-mail support@voipo.com with Attn Development: Simul Ring as the subject.

Tumultus
08-02-2012, 01:06 AM
Initially, I wanted to use SimuRing but, if you ignore the 'Find me" feature for a moment, it doesn't offer much advantage over call forwarding since we are limitted to only 1 number + the VoiPo number. I think a feature such as this should allow for at least 2 numbers + the VoiPo number to ring at simultaneously but then, I have no idea if that would be technologically possible. (I do know that other VOIP providers allow for up to 3 numbers.)

Also, when using this feature, I would love to be able to turn off that computer voice that asks me each time to press "1" to accept the call. It is quite annoying and, if unlucky, the caller may have hung up on me before I finally got put through to him. :)

Stingray2U
08-07-2012, 03:00 AM
I for one, would like simultaneous ring to ring both my home phone (through ATA) and softphone at the same time. Then I can answer one or the other. Now THAT would be truly finding me/following me. ;)

christcorp
08-07-2012, 06:30 PM
I for one, would like simultaneous ring to ring both my home phone (through ATA) and softphone at the same time. Then I can answer one or the other. Now THAT would be truly finding me/following me. ;)

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but that already works that way. I have my voip at home on the ATA; I also have my separate softphone credentials in my Android phone using sipdroid. When someone calls my phone number; BOTH the home phone and the android ring. Whichever answers first gets the call. Is that what you're talking about, or something different? mike.,...

VOIPoTim
08-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but that already works that way. I have my voip at home on the ATA; I also have my separate softphone credentials in my Android phone using sipdroid. When someone calls my phone number; BOTH the home phone and the android ring. Whichever answers first gets the call. Is that what you're talking about, or something different? mike.,...

Yes, if you have multiple devices connected (such as an ATA and a softphone) on the same account, they should all ring. One thing we do see though is that sometimes if they're both behind the same router, the router mixes them up and only rings 1. If that's the case, it could probably be fixed with some router tweaking. As far as our end, we ring all connected devices.

Stingray2U
08-08-2012, 05:23 AM
Christcorp: Yes, that's what I meant. But it doesn't always work.

VoipoTim: Ah. That explains it. Now how do I tweak my router so both my devices ring at the same time? Don't worry about being technical, I can handle it. ;)

christcorp
08-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Stingray; do you have you phone/android working off of your WIFI at home? I simply leave my phone on the 3g. This way it's not on the same network as my voip ATA adapter. I don't have a problem with it like that.

bwarden
08-08-2012, 03:06 PM
I had VOIPo support re-configure my provided ATA to use ports 5061 and 5062 for SIP registration, and configured my (NAT) router to forward all incoming traffic to those ports to the ATA, so my other SIP device is free to listen on port 5060 without potential conflict at the router.

Stingray2U
08-08-2012, 04:05 PM
christcorp: I'm using my iPad with Bria on the WIFI. It's not practical for me to use the Verizon data network for all other Internet usage while I'm at home near my WIFI. I get 1 GB of data for $20 a month. Unlimited WIFI, of course. I no longer use a cell phone. My total home/mobile phone bill is around $26 a month. I have to lug around an iPad, but it works. :)

bwarden: That may be my next project having ATA use those ports. Oddly though, I just turned off WIFI on my iPad so it uses the Verizon network and called my number. Only the ATA phone rang; not the softphone. Strange, right?

VOIPoBrandon
08-15-2012, 03:29 AM
We will send an INVITE to all (AOR "address of records") that are registered to our network for a given account.

This means that all devices should ring.

One problem you guys may be running into is a Softphone or User Agent that "expires" or "unregisters" existing registrations when it "registers".

If this is not the case please open a ticket with title: ATTN. BRANDON.

In order for me to look further into each individual's scenario.

Thank you.

NotSure
09-26-2012, 02:59 PM
SimRing does not work on my VOIPo account for "on network" calls but works fine for "off network" calls. Submitted a ticket to VOIPo (directed to Brandon) who advised that there may be additional bugs w/ on-network calling. Hope it gets fixed soon!

wingsohot
09-26-2012, 03:35 PM
FindMe
This feature is only available for calls coming from outside of our network. It will be bypassed for calls that are entirely within our network.

NotSure
09-26-2012, 04:29 PM
FindMe
This feature is only available for calls coming from outside of our network. It will be bypassed for calls that are entirely within our network.Read the OP.

Ansextra
11-17-2013, 08:02 PM
Looking at the control panel it seems to me that you can ring three numbers at once.

Tooth
12-02-2013, 01:19 PM
I'm confused by the options available under the "Simul Ring" settings and I can't seem to find any explanation on this forum.

I want to use the "Ring All" option to ring both my VOIPo phone and my mobile phone simultaneously. More specifically, I'm confused about what "Ring Seconds" and "Auto Answer" mean. When I initially select the "Ring All" option it defaults the "Ring Seconds" on the default "VOIPo Line" to zero. But, when I enter my mobile number as the destination in the second entry field under the default VOIPo Line and hit the save button, the "Ring Seconds" field defaults to 20.

What should be the proper "Ring Seconds" and "Auto Answer" settings to ensure that I have the option to answer incoming phone calls on either my mobile phone or my home VOIPo phone? And what does "Auto Answer" mean?