PDA

View Full Version : Control panel

wingsohot
07-31-2012, 04:47 PM
So, has anyone seen the new control panel yet?

VOIPoTim
07-31-2012, 04:56 PM
We committed to opening it up for everyone to see in July and we still have a few more hours. It'll be open for testing before 11:59PM Pacific Time. :)

It will run side by side with the other one now. Users will just access it at a different URL and can use either/both. Then once it's out of BETA and all bugs are worked out, we'll eventually phase the old one out.

We'll post here on the forums tonight with the info to access it and also there will be a link in the header of the current panel to "try the new panel".

Here's a preview though.

http://i.imgur.com/9qDeo.png

VOIPoTim
07-31-2012, 05:45 PM
To access the BETA release of the new vPanel, you'll simply use your existing login info at the new panel URL. The initial release is only for residential and small business customers. In the future, we will migrate resellers and cloud/express customers to the new design as well.

Remember, this is a BETA release so there may still be bugs in it and it still will lack some polish. For the time being, both the old and new vPanels will be accessible so if there is a bug in the new one, simply report it and use the old one.

The new vPanel BETA will be accessible at 11:59PM Pacific Time tonight.

vPanel: https://secure.voipo.com (https://secure.voipo.com/)

New vPanel BETA: https://beta.voipo.com
(https://beta.voipo.com/)

robhouston
08-01-2012, 05:13 AM
It looks wonderful------it's a great improvement, and is much more intuitive.

The one thing I don't like is that one can no longer toggle between a primary number and an add-on number. You now have to log out of one and into the other. I guess I got used to toggling between them on the "old" Vpanel.

All-in-all, I like it.

VOIPoBrandon
08-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Rob,

We've placed the toggle back into vPanel 2.0 (residential accounts ONLY). Thanks!

robhouston
08-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Terrific, Brandon, thanks for the very fast service!

Rob

VOIPoTim
08-01-2012, 12:56 PM
The main reason it was missing was that the new panel isn't available for other account types yet so switching when multiple account types would not work. It looks like Brandon just came up with a solution to exclude other account types from it for the time being so we were able to put it in.

robhouston
08-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Wonderful------I've tried it, and the panel is perfect, as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks again,

Rob

VOIPoTim
08-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Wonderful------I've tried it, and the panel is perfect, as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks again,

Rob

Thank you! There's still a lot we need to do to it, but we did put a lot of thought into it and try to solve most of the major issues we've heard about from the feedback we've gotten over the years.

I'm very confident that once we add in the finishing touches, it'll be one of the best if not the best control panels offered by a residential-focused VoIP provider.

christcorp
08-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Quickie glitch I noticed. If you go to the FEATURES tab; ALL of the line entries for features/call routes CAN be clicked on, EXCEPT for "Speed Dial". If you click on that, it shoves you back up to: "Call Routing - Outgoing". Other than that, I really like it.

The other thing I noticed, which I hope is just an admin glitch, is that in the "VIRTUAL NUMBERS" it says I don't have a virtual number. If I go to the OLD Vpanel; it's NO LONGER THERE either. Now, I can still dial out and the caller ID on the other end IS my virtual number. AND, I can call my virtual number and it rings. It just doesn't show up on either vpanels. But other than those 2 things, I really like the new layout. later.... mike....

Tumultus
08-02-2012, 12:13 AM
Yep, the vPanel 2.0 is coming along nicely. Still, there is one thing that already bothered me in the old vPanel: the blank welcome page. Just like with the competition, I would like to see something there, for example the last 5 dialed / received calls, last voicemail and current bill status ... or, in case that would be too much work, quick access links or even promotional offers - just something that gives me the feeling that I actually signed in rather than a blank white space. Also, if you would add a line or 2 of text in each section with a quick explanation what the feature does exactly, you wouldn't need a user manual. In many sections, you've done so already but some are just not telling a user anything.

Everything else is quite nice. Much better organized than before and a fresh look to it! The slide-out side menu allows for quick access. Bravo and thanks! :)

holmes4
08-02-2012, 09:41 AM
I used the "Report a bug" link in the new panel to report issues. No acknowledgement or reply. Should I report issues in the forum instead?

VOIPoTim
08-02-2012, 11:14 AM
I used the "Report a bug" link in the new panel to report issues. No acknowledgement or reply. Should I report issues in the forum instead?

Bug reports aren't necessarily being addressed in real-time. When you report one using the link, it'll go to developers and be added to our bug list, but there likely won't be a reply unless additional info is needed.

christcorp
08-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Tim; do you think they know about the "Speed Dial" link issue and the Virtual number issue, or should I do a Bug Report? Mike...

VOIPoTim
08-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Tim; do you think they know about the "Speed Dial" link issue and the Virtual number issue, or should I do a Bug Report? Mike...

Bug report is best just in case. Not personally sure about a virtual number issue, but the speed dial was supposed to go to "Outbound Routes" by design since those are used to create custom speed dials. We've had a ton of people mention that though so we're prob going to make it more obvious and swap in a standalone speed dial page that is just a simpler way to do the custom outbound routes.

VOIPoTim
08-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Speed dial is now a standalone page. It's technically just creating "outbound routes" that forward, but we made a standalone page to make it easier.

christcorp
08-02-2012, 10:29 PM
Thanks Tim. I sent in a bug report for the Virtual Number. FYI: The "Account/Services" page under "Services" shows I have a virtual number. It's just under the "Features" tab under "Virtual Numbers" where it says I don't have any virtual numbers. Not a big deal considering I don't use voicemail on my virtual number. But if it's like this for others, it could be an issue. Thanks again for continually making VOIPO Better; and the BEST voip service out there. Mike....

VOIPoTim
08-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Thanks Tim. I sent in a bug report for the Virtual Number. FYI: The "Account/Services" page under "Services" shows I have a virtual number. It's just under the "Features" tab under "Virtual Numbers" where it says I don't have any virtual numbers. Not a big deal considering I don't use voicemail on my virtual number. But if it's like this for others, it could be an issue. Thanks again for continually making VOIPO Better; and the BEST voip service out there. Mike....

I talked to Brandon about this and he said it's not showing up because it was "upgraded" to a 2nd line which technically makes it a separate account rather than a virtual number. If it were downgraded back from an addon account to a regular virtual number he said it would appear. You should still be able to access it using the "linked" accounts drop down at the top. Is it there?

robhouston
08-26-2012, 05:47 AM
I've noticed this morning that the ability to toggle between my main number and add-on number has disappeared. Was this an intentional change?

Thanks for the information,

Rob

sama123
04-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Tim,

I am not seeing my add-on service/virtual fax in the new control panel. Will this feature be fix soon. That is, if I want to send a fax from this account I have to access the old panel.