PDA

View Full Version : SMS Forwarding?

J3ff
08-04-2012, 07:32 PM
I am looking at the cloud number service and porting a phone number into Voipo. But I am curious if SMS forwarding is an option for the cloud numbers?

VOIPoTim
08-04-2012, 07:54 PM
I am looking at the cloud number service and porting a phone number into Voipo. But I am curious if SMS forwarding is an option for the cloud numbers?

We haven't rolled out the new control panel to the cloud service yet, but when we do SMS will be an option for them.

J3ff
08-04-2012, 09:14 PM
About how long before the new control panel is available and SMS forwarding will be available?

VOIPoTim
08-04-2012, 09:34 PM
About how long before the new control panel is available and SMS forwarding will be available?

We don't have a timeline or ETA at this time.

ericd
08-05-2012, 07:58 PM
So the new vpanel is only open to res customers and not cloud? Just curious.

VOIPoTim
08-05-2012, 11:39 PM
So the new vpanel is only open to res customers and not cloud? Just curious.

Only residential for now. Cloud will be coming soon (and will include SMS at that time). We have a whole series of new/added functionality coming for cloud in the near future and the plan is to roll the new panel for it out at the same time.

user8675309
11-11-2014, 01:18 PM
I'm not a customer yet, but I have been using a competitor's VoIP offering that appears to be a mix of the features of VoIPo's residential and cloud services, and am looking to switch. I basically use the VoIP number for:

-call routing (and the occasional telemarketer/jerk SIT tone!), forward approved callers to iPhone
-SMS forwarding
-SMS send via app (I can deal with a web login for the occasional need to not send an SMS from my cell number)
-unified voicemail, since the voicemail on the iPhone is disabled, and email notification of incoming calls/voicemails (transcription is presently provided, but that's not necessary)

Like I said, the absence of an iPhone app is in no way a dealbreaker here, not having an app at all is more acceptable at this price point than having one that does not work and uses 100x more data on an iPhone versus the same app on Android or BlackBerry due to crashes, at a much higher price point, which is my current predicament. That said, a mobile browser optimized experience (i.e. m.voipo.com) wouldn't be a bad idea down the road if the smartphone app concept never comes to fruition.

I'm not concerned in the least over the difference in price, I just need certain basic features and can't narrow down which service offers which, will I lose SMS forwarding on a residential VoIPo account? Will I lose advanced call routing on a cloud VoIPo account?

Oh, and I really, really, really do not want to import a couple hundred telemarketer phone numbers into VoIPo so they can be added to a group that gets a disconnect tone, so is .csv import/export capability going to be added anytime soon?

And I like the ability to select which calls to record, I don't know of any competitors that do this.

wingsohot
11-16-2014, 11:28 AM
Only residential for now. Cloud will be coming soon (and will include SMS at that time). We have a whole series of new/added functionality coming for cloud in the near future and the plan is to roll the new panel for it out at the same time.

Tim, will this vpanel be available to resellers as well?

VOIPoTim
11-18-2014, 12:53 PM
Tim, will this vpanel be available to resellers as well?

At some point it will be, yes. I don't have an ETA on when though...we're working through a backlog of projects right now (a lot of them behind the scenes/infrastructure related).