PDA

View Full Version : Enabling Force Media Proxy on all accounts

wingsohot
09-26-2012, 03:25 PM
I was wondering if it would be advantageous to just set all accounts up with "Force Media Proxy" enabled, just in case a customer connects the ata directly to a router, rather than between the modem and router. Would enabling the "Force Media Proxy" have any ill effect on an ata connected between the modem and router?

wingsohot
09-28-2012, 05:03 AM
No other resellers have an opinion? What about you Greenlantern? You seem to be very knowledgable.

GreenLantern
09-28-2012, 09:06 PM
lol, I was waiting for a mod to answer. I'm definitely interested in the answer though.

I have wondered if this is a form of SIP REINVITE or something. If that is the case, it would use more bandwidth to enable it on all accounts.

But I honestly still don't have a solid understanding of what this feature does, when it is needed, or what side effects using it might have.

wingsohot
09-29-2012, 07:00 AM
Thanks GreenLantern. Are there any mods that can clearify this for all resellers that wanted to know, but were afraid to ask? VoipoBrandon?

wingsohot
10-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Well, it seems nobody has an answer to this question. The question has stumped all the mods?

VOIPoBrandon
10-02-2012, 07:17 PM
There is no real reason NOT to use Force Media Proxy, just some people prefer to maintain a direct media path if possible, instead of having all of their audio route through VOIPo's network because sometimes it may be a more direct connection otherwise.

wingsohot
10-03-2012, 05:11 AM
Thanks for the update VOIPoBrandon