PDA

View Full Version : No Answer Forward

ellinj
10-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Does Voipo support No Answer Forward? I would prefer to use my GoogleVoice Voicemail.

christcorp
10-02-2012, 11:43 PM
I don't know about the "No answer Forward" feature; but I'm curious why you prefer GoogleVoice Voicemail. Me personally, I don't want to check ANY voicemail. My voipo voicemail simply sends me an email with the voicemail attached as a file. My smart phone tells me I have an email and I can see WHO called and such prior to even listening to it. I can also go online with my cell phone and delete the voicemail if I want. I haven't checked voicemail from my voipo phone in a very long time.

ymhee_bcex
10-03-2012, 01:35 AM
Does Voipo support No Answer Forward? I would prefer to use my GoogleVoice Voicemail.
The short answer is "no"; the long answer is "you can do it through simul ring. I am using it to forward to YouMail voicemail.

Here is Tim's answer
http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php/4957-Setting-up-call-forwarding?p=25876#post25876

holmes4
10-03-2012, 07:14 PM
The nice thing about Google Voice is that it will email you a transcript of the message. The transcript's quality is usually less than stellar, but I can usually make out the gist of it. It also integrates with apps on smartphones.

christcorp
10-03-2012, 10:44 PM
The nice thing about Google Voice is that it will email you a transcript of the message. The transcript's quality is usually less than stellar, but I can usually make out the gist of it. It also integrates with apps on smartphones.

I get emailed a wav file. Not sure I'd ever need or want a transcript of a voicemail. It's a voicemail. I want voice. If I wanted a transcript, I would have had the individual email me.