PDA

View Full Version : New features

wingsohot
10-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Tim, thanks for the new SMS and email to fax features in the reseller account.

VOIPoTim
10-14-2012, 08:27 PM
You're welcome :)

SMS is now available for most numbers on our network (regardless of account type). For resellers and "express" users with usage based accounts, it's billed at $0.01 per message.

wingsohot
10-15-2012, 05:55 PM
I see that now there is a charge of $1 to activate the SMS feature in accounts. This wasn't there yesterday or most of today. Also, is there anyway to see how much is being billed to the resellers account for SMS messages that are sent and received, like our call logs show how much is being billed for calls?

You're welcome :)

SMS is now available for most numbers on our network (regardless of account type). For resellers and "express" users with usage based accounts, it's billed at $0.01 per message.

VOIPoTim
10-15-2012, 05:57 PM
I see that now there is a charge of $1 to activate the SMS feature in accounts. This wasn't there yesterday or most of today. Also, is there anyway to see how much is being billed to the resellers account for SMS messages that are sent and received, like our call logs show how much is being billed for calls?

Yes, there is a $1 activation charge for SMS for reseller/usage based accounts. Then messages are billed at $0.01 each. You can see the SMS usage in the transaction history. This is a new BETA feature so we'll likely add some more reporting for it as time goes on.

GreenLantern
10-15-2012, 06:13 PM
Can we get a quick primer on the email to fax feature?

Such as the send address format, and how to determine the valid "from" email address...

Thx

VOIPoTim
10-15-2012, 06:15 PM
Can we get a quick primer on the email to fax feature?

Such as the send address format, and how to determine the valid "from" email address...

Thx

We will update the page with info on formatting etc. If you have any specific questions, e-mail support@voipo.com for assistance.

wingsohot
10-15-2012, 07:11 PM
The transaction history doesn't show me what the call history shows me. I'm talking more like, charges for each SMS message and from or to what account, like the call history shows the calling number, start time, duration, and charge for the call.

Yes, there is a $1 activation charge for SMS for reseller/usage based accounts. Then messages are billed at $0.01 each. You can see the SMS usage in the transaction history. This is a new BETA feature so we'll likely add some more reporting for it as time goes on.

GreenLantern
10-16-2012, 08:36 AM
Hi Tim,

Email Sendfax works great! Thanks!

Would it be possible to have the formatting instructions be a bit more generic?

Specifically, we'd prefer to avoid mentioning voipwelcome.com, since we've embedded the control panel.

Perhaps we could remove the formatting paragraph, so resellers can provide our own documentation when we activate the feature.

Or at least change it to something like "phonenumber@sendfax.domain.com" instead of "phonenumber@sendfax.voipwelcome.com"?

Thanks! :)

GreenLantern
10-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Another question on email to fax...

I see it can be enabled on full accounts, but I can seem to find a way to enable it on virtual fax accounts.

VOIPoTim
10-16-2012, 02:20 PM

I see it can be enabled on full accounts, but I can seem to find a way to enable it on virtual fax accounts.

For any questions regarding the fax feature, please open tickets.

VOIPoTim
10-16-2012, 02:26 PM
The transaction history doesn't show me what the call history shows me. I'm talking more like, charges for each SMS message and from or to what account, like the call history shows the calling number, start time, duration, and charge for the call.

Understood. The SMS feature is new so it doesn't have as much reporting as older features. In the future, we will likely add more to it to make the reporting for it more comprehensive.

chevyman
10-26-2012, 12:18 PM

For any questions regarding the fax feature, please open tickets.

Why open a ticket, as a reseller i would like to know answers to these questions too!

GreenLantern
10-26-2012, 12:54 PM
I agree with chevyman... though I think Tim probably just didn't realize I was asking a generalized feature question and not having a specific account issue.

Anyway, it looks like the "email to fax" enable button has been added to fax accounts at this time. :)

Now I have another "generalized" feature question...

What does enabling "Advanced Call Forwarding" do?

chevyman
10-26-2012, 02:37 PM
I agree with chevyman... though I think Tim probably just didn't realize I was asking a generalized feature question and not having a specific account issue.

Anyway, it looks like the "email to fax" enable button has been added to fax accounts at this time. :)

Now I have another "generalized" feature question...

What does enabling "Advanced Call Forwarding" do?

it gives "Forward Busy" & "Forward Unavailable" options

GreenLantern
10-26-2012, 03:25 PM
where do those show up? I looked for anything new, but didn't see it.

chevyman
10-28-2012, 08:28 PM
go to your account where you turned it on, then do the admin login to that account, then under features its under the basic ones. you will see 2 new ones that don't have '?' after them. and if you disable it the 2 ones go away.

where do those show up? I looked for anything new, but didn't see it.

GreenLantern
10-29-2012, 04:43 PM
Ah, I see it now.

I just happened to have that account forwarding to a SIP address, so the new options didn't show up until I turned forwarding off.

Thanks!