PDA

View Full Version : Grandstream GXV3140

Ten Tech LLC
10-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Hi there, total newbie questions (multi-level newbie actually!).

I am using a GXV3140 instead of ATA device. I am able to make and receive calls, but I've got a strange thing going on with v-mail... Basically, I setup my VOIPo v-mail to let the phone ring x times and then pick up. Unfortunately, when I call, the phone hangs up when it reaches this number of rings. In other words, v-mail does not have a chance to pick up, the call is disconnected right away...

I did open the UDP ports on my firewall and forwarded them, I even set the phone as a DMZ host and I'm getting the same issues... When I change the number of allowed rings, the phone drops the call accordingly (i.e. allows less/more rings based on what I set in vpanel).

Any idea as to what it could be?

Other issue, the message button. I can set this up as "call 123", which I verified works manually. Unfortunately, nothing happens if I set it up, i.e. calling 123 manually works, but not with the button...

Ten Tech LLC
10-25-2012, 03:40 PM
OK, I fixed the message button: "early dial"! Enabling early dial works like a charm...

ThndrSki
03-24-2013, 08:40 PM
I see you are using a Grandstream phone -- quick question, was it difficult to setup?

I have a Grandstream GXP2120 and they seem like a great company. What are your thoughts of the service, etc so far?