PDA

View Full Version : Obihai VOIPo Option

VOIPoTim
11-07-2012, 12:26 PM
For BYOD users using or interested in Obihai devices, VOIPo is now a preconfigured provider within the Obihai system.

Just select VOIPo as the provider and use your BYOD User/Pass. Everything else should be automatically configured and if we make any changes we'll update with Obihai.

Thomas
12-17-2012, 01:24 PM
This is great. I have an Obi100 and am considering signing up for Voipo.
Is the config truly turn key (wondering if all star code features will work without special set up)?

Smiles
07-08-2013, 11:13 PM
I had previously configured my Obi202 using the Generic Service Provider option. I deleted that configuration today and tried using the preconfigured VOIPo option. It seems to work fine except that the Voicemail Notification Alert is no longer set, nor can I find a place to change it. Either I'm overlooking something simple in the configuration or the preconfiguration doesn't include VM notifications. If it's the latter, it should be corrected. Has anyone else noticed this? Did you fix it by dropping into the expert configuration and checking off the MWIEnable and X_VMWIEnable settings?

saj777
11-25-2013, 03:50 PM
For BYOD users using or interested in Obihai devices, VOIPo is now a preconfigured provider within the Obihai system.

Just select VOIPo as the provider and use your BYOD User/Pass. Everything else should be automatically configured and if we make any changes we'll update with Obihai.

This did not work for me; kept getting 401 Unauthorized error messages.
Finally worked when I changed the Service Provider Proxy Server Port to 5078.

bilbec
04-21-2014, 08:29 PM
I'm unable to make it work. My vPanel "interconnection" tab shows Green Online status, my obitalk portal shows "Registered" for the Voipo account,
Calling the number I ported in from Google Voice gets "The number you dialed is not a working number" and anything I try to dial out gets "The number you have dialed was rejected by the service provider reason is 403"

I've tried changing to port 5078 as suggested in a few places with same results.

Is the "Cloud VOIP" the BYOD option I need for my OBI, or did I perhaps sign up the wrong plan? I didn't see one labeled BYOD

Any suggestions?

biomesh
04-22-2014, 12:15 PM
It would have just been a regular account. The cloud account just forwards a number to another. Contact support to get your account changed.

jamesuber
07-26-2014, 04:05 PM
It would have just been a regular account. The cloud account just forwards a number to another. Contact support to get your account changed.

This is incorrect. The cloud voip can be used to setup SIP accounts. From voipo support: "In order to make outbound calls, on the interconnection page, click the check box next to the sip account you want to use and then below, hit toggle enable/enabled+term/disabled once. The status next to the sip account should change from enabled, to enabled+domestic term. You will then be able to make outbound calls."

This works.

The forwarding information associated with the phone number (on the numbers tab) has nothing to do with the behavior of the SIP accounts. Again from voipo support: "As for the forwarding, if you want inbound calls to ring through the sip account set up on your softphone or sip ip phone, you will change the destination on the numbers tab to sip registration- and select from the drop down which of your two sip accounts you want to use. If you want the calls to forward instead to a regular phone number, like your cell phone, etc, put it at voice forwarding and enter the phone number to forward to. Note that when forwarding to a regular pstn number, the transfer charge of 1 cent per minute applies in addition to the inbound usage. When forwarding incoming to the sip registrations, there is no charge for the forward."

Red Hazard
09-03-2014, 04:46 PM
Can one provision an OBI302 using the preconfigued provider option on the OBitalk site? I've done this with a OBI202 but has anyone done it with the 302 model?

Red Hazard
09-04-2014, 05:22 PM
OK I got an Obi302 today and some of the on-line posts that it would need provisioning by ITSP(s) are totally incorrect. The ITSP pre-configured provisioning option on Obitalk.com worked fine. It was essentially the same as the Obi202.