PDA

View Full Version : Switched from Phonepower, trouble getting Home Wiring set-up working again.

Osiris
11-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Hi,

I switched over from PhonePower thinking that I'd be able to use the same setup (ATA device connected to home wiring) that I had before. First, a little history. In the beginning, I had Verizon FIOS with the ONT box and their digital voip service. They connected the home wiring to the phone jack in the ONT device.

Later, I switched to PhonePower. They sent me their ATA box (Grandstream 502), and all I had to do was connect it to the router, unplug the phone wire that had been going into the ONT and plug it into the ATA device, and voila, I had whole-house phone service with PhonePower. My 2 year deal ran out with phonepower and I signed up with VOIPO. I unplugged the PhonePower ATA device, plugged in the one VOIPO sent me (Grandstream 702). This time, I did NOT have home house wiring service working. I took a step back and plugged a phone directly into the ATA device, and the phone worked. Unfortunately this is not an attractive permanent solution for me because of the way I have my house ethernet wiring set up (The router is in the garage and I have wires running to many different rooms in the house).

So my question is - is the problem with the Grandstream 702 and would it be resolved with a Granstream 502? Also, would it be possible for me to plug in the 502 that I still have from PhonePower just to see if that'd make the home-wiring solution work?

Also, if the situation is such that I need 502 model, will VOIPO send me one for free and take the 702 back?

wingsohot
11-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Your 502 would be locked by Phonepower, however, you may use a pin to reset the 502 by pushing the pin in the reset hole and hold for at least 7 seconds with power applied. This will reset and unlock the 502 to its original factory default state. You can then provision the 502 with VOIPo configuration. You will have to contact VOIPo to find out if they allow that and how to do it.