PDA

View Full Version : Missing or _very_ slow FAX

gbh2o
06-27-2008, 02:22 PM
An important inbound fax to 888546nnnn before 13:18 today has not arrived and is not reflected in the Vpanel for my Express account (username). There will probably be 3 more to receive today also! [submitted ticket] A bit longer than 10 minute average. ;-)

Montano
06-27-2008, 06:27 PM
Fax has been hit and miss for me as well. It's the only thing that hasn't worked well as far as Voipo goes.

VOIPoTim
06-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Fax has been hit and miss for me as well. It's the only thing that hasn't worked well as far as Voipo goes.

Have you seen any recent issues? Particularly with receiving on the toll-free fax numbers? I know the sending has had some issues and the local receiving there were some issues when we did the initial testing on those.

In terms of receiving on the toll-free, that should be relatively problem-free based on the limited tickets we've seen on it.

Let me know about those.

In terms of today, there was a backlog in the fax queue, but all faxes should be delivered now. None were lost.

As I've said before, this is one thing we outsource the backend for due to licensing/patent issues mainly. J2/eFax is very very agressive with their patent portfolio. We may have to just bite the bullet and bring it in house if it has many ongoing issues.

Montano
06-28-2008, 06:35 AM
I had issues as recent as last week. My issues are always on incoming on my toll-free fax number. I would say about 1 in 3 faxes never shows up.