PDA

View Full Version : Problems: no calls in, no calls out, ans. machine...

cynara
11-18-2012, 02:59 AM
I got my cordless phones/ ans. machine, received the Voipo adapter, waited for the number to be ported, found out I needed a router (or a $60 new modem from cable company), had to order (and await the arrival of) the router because our fair city, in the middle of the enchanted land of corn and swine has (I guess ?!) never heard of a router with actual wires on it (all were wireless and would not be compatible with everything else).

I followed all instructions, and viola! My phones worked. Then, like an idiot, I tried to set up the answering machine built into the phones. It would hang up on people while the outgoing message was still playing. Called the phone people, who tested, retested and etc... They helped me get the answering machine to work, but only if it was set to two rings (even with voicemail disabled). They claimed it is the fault of the phone service provider (which is Voipo). I tried resetting the modem and router and reinstalled everything.

Now I get no calls out, and when there's an incoming call, the call is disconnected before there is even a ring.

Anybody have any ideas on this stuff?

cynara

wingsohot
11-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Go into your control panel, and instead of disabling the voicemail, enable it and set it for some high amount of rings. Set your answering machine for ring number below Voipo ring number. Verify that you have internet connection with your computer connected to same router. If you do, unplug power only from adapter and plug wait 10 seconds. Plug power back in.

BTW, I do believe that Voipo would have sent you another adapter with built in router, such as a HT-502 or 702. By default they send out adapter without built in router, but not everyone has a router.

cynara
11-18-2012, 11:29 AM
You'd think so, but I called them and told them. They said they thought my modem would have two outputs (they don't know my cable company--who would not let us take a different one home, but would install one for :mad:$60:mad: bucks).

Anyway--I'm going to try what you said, if I can, and see if that helps.

Thanks so much--have a good one.

cynara:)

cynara
11-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Dear Wingsohot--

Don't tell my hubby, but (sigh) I think I love you :rolleyes: (nothing too serious though) lol. Everything is working wonderfully.

THanks so much!

cynara

wingsohot
11-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Glad it worked out for you. Oh, and yes, it's our little secret. ;)