PDA

View Full Version : Call History Questions..

burris
07-08-2008, 04:37 AM
Looking ahead, I'm curious about how the call history is displayed as well as how international calls will be billed and how they will appear on the screen..

Personally, I would like to see a leading 0: ahead of any call that doesn't go over the one minute mark. It always seems to take a few glances to realize that a single number represents seconds only.

Tied in with the way it appears now, in what increments will international calls be billed? There is no 'standard' for accruing minutes. Some carriers use increments of 6sec-30sec-1min along with a minimum time no matter....and some begin billing the way cell operators do...when the ring begins, etc. Some of the older hotels still begin billing the call after 5-6 rings--whether the call is answered or not.

I think the call history screen should reflect exactly how that billing will be calculated, so that it remains constant for all calls--billed or not.

Will your system use true answer supervision for these calls, or any call or fax for that matter, that will get billed?

If I missed reading the answers to any of my questions, perhaps it was a senior moment..

voxabox
07-08-2008, 04:05 PM
I was thinking about the same thing yesterday
great minds think alike;)

quattrohead
07-08-2008, 07:03 PM
There is no international calling with VOIPO, Tim suggested it was not a big enough market to go after in the first few months.

VOIPoTim
07-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Actually we opted to go ahead and add international at launch. It was something we knew we could hold off some during beta, but once we go production it'll be available.

Right now, we're working with 30 second increments billed starting right after the post dial delay. This is mainly due to the international rates being so low and another "thing" that is coming that I can't tell you guys about just yet (have to wait until launch).

The CDRs will reflect the billing increments likely by the end of the week. This week we've been doing final testing on the actual international call rating.

quattrohead
07-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Oh bugger, would like to have known that before I started the move from P8 to......Phonepower !!!!
Hey, its our home phone and it needs to be 100%, the WAF expects that.