PDA

View Full Version : Calls not properly routing to voicemail

fisamo
07-14-2008, 10:38 AM
The voicemail routing problem I had earlier is back. :(

The voicemail on my line is enabled, and failover is set to my mobile phone. When a call comes in to the voipo line, it rings for the set number of times, and then the call is forwarded to my mobile, not my voicemail box.

While I'm very much in favor of you guys offering a forward-no-answer (to PSTN instead of VM) feature, it really should be labeled as such... :p

Seriously, is anyone else having trouble with calls not routing to VM if they have a failover number set? Since I have an Asterisk system registered, is this a strange Asterisk interaction? (Note that my Asterisk voicemail is disabled. Also, the CDR shows the status of the call as 'Timeout'.)

Recent instances of this behavor:
Today, 12:29 EDT (11:29 your time)
7/13, 12:46 EDT and 1:26 EDT

Thanks!

VOIPoRay
07-14-2008, 12:10 PM
The voicemail routing problem I had earlier is back. :(

The voicemail on my line is enabled, and failover is set to my mobile phone. When a call comes in to the voipo line, it rings for the set number of times, and then the call is forwarded to my mobile, not my voicemail box.

While I'm very much in favor of you guys offering a forward-no-answer (to PSTN instead of VM) feature, it really should be labeled as such... :p

Seriously, is anyone else having trouble with calls not routing to VM if they have a failover number set? Since I have an Asterisk system registered, is this a strange Asterisk interaction? (Note that my Asterisk voicemail is disabled. Also, the CDR shows the status of the call as 'Timeout'.)

Recent instances of this behavor:
Today, 12:29 EDT (11:29 your time)
7/13, 12:46 EDT and 1:26 EDT

Thanks!

Whoops... we're sorry about that... should be working again now. :)

fisamo
07-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Oh, I don't mind--the call gets to me in any case. I just figured your paying customers (after launch) might not be so thrilled. :) Thanks for the quick fix.

VOIPoTim
07-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Oh, I don't mind--the call gets to me in any case. I just figured your paying customers (after launch) might not be so thrilled. :) Thanks for the quick fix.

Yeah this was a matter of two people fixing 2 different issues and the 2nd fix undid the first person's.

Should be all set now.

NY Tel Guy
07-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Yeah this was a matter of two people fixing 2 different issues and the 2nd fix undid the first person's.

Should be all set now.That's called a "toggle switch"..... :)

usa2k
07-14-2008, 06:02 PM
That is the switch in this post! :)

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20720625-