PDA

View Full Version : Public signup process

fisamo
07-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Now that we have seen the front end of the temporary billing system and know that multiple vPanel accounts can be linked to one billing account, I have a few questions.

When you start accepting public orders, what will the process look like? Since billing and vPanel have separate logins, what's the process to sign up a new customer? Will the customer set up a vPanel account first, choose a phone#, then get routed to the billing system to enter payment info? Or (I think this would make more sense), will the new customer begin in the billing system (enter name, address, etc.), have an opportunity to get a phone# assigned, then make payment? Whichever system they set up first, how do they get login credentials for the other system?

Will there be links between the billing portal and the phone control portal? For example, could you click on your Residential phone# (or Express phone#) and be automatically logged in to your Residential (or Express) account? (I would think that a link from the vPanel would not automatically log in to the billing system, however.)

Do you plan on demo-ing the launch site to Beta users before the public launch announcement? I'd be interested to see what the prospective customer will be able do--check portability of their number, check phone# availability/inventory, a features/service faq page, etc.

usa2k
07-15-2008, 08:41 PM
You just set Tim back another month :)