PDA

View Full Version : Cost feature like VIRTUAL NUMBER

usa2k
07-16-2008, 06:52 PM
You need to add hooks to your billing package that allows/limits the number(s) that can be assigned. It would be nice if the number could be changed via the vPanel, but say once within a billing period.

Brian
07-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Just curious, why?

usa2k
07-16-2008, 07:46 PM
How will they charge or track virtual numbers in use when live?

VOIPoTim
07-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Basically once you have an account linked to billing, it's already done. When you add a number or fax account in vPanel, it'll show the pricing/term options available and when you add the number, it'll automagically add the order to your billing account.

Right now there has been a lot of confusion since we're doing the process with the beta accounts backwards and the accounts exist before billing. When normal orders come in, the billing account exists first.

Numbers that were added before we setup the billing linking will have to be manually added to billing. We'll address that around launch and basically plan to audit all numbers in the system so everything is linked to a billing profile.

Right now, nothing new can be added without a billing profile. If you are linked yet, it'll give you an error to contact us.

usa2k
07-17-2008, 06:04 PM
Then maybe there will be an "Are you sure? You will be billed $4.95" confirmation button?

VOIPoTim
07-17-2008, 06:06 PM
The price is actually displayed in the selection boxes, but there is a confirmation asking if they are sure they want to add the number.

usa2k
07-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Excellent! I also saw I had some virtual numbers from trying the
user interface before. (Thought I had removed them?)
Those are gone now!

fisamo
07-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Will you, at some point, want us to set up beta accounts from scratch (as new customers) through the billing system? I'd certainly be willing to set up a new account if needed for testing purposes--I'd just need to be able to cancel it with full refund... :cool:

N9MD
07-20-2008, 07:33 AM
I may have missed this --- but is there a charge for outgoing fax-to-PSTN from the VOIPo website, when we are logged into our account? I do not need an incoming fax DID (TF or otherwise) --- but would enjoy the ability to fax outbound documents directly from my laptop.

I did just send a WORD doc outbound to my FreeDigits fax DID --- and it arrived in my email box in just a few minutes, as a PDF attachment --- perfect clarity.

So is there a "per fax" charge or a monthly/annual charge (or is it free) for outbound faxing?