PDA

View Full Version : 800 numbers on prepaid cell phones free?

kathymiles
12-03-2012, 03:53 AM
In my voice stream cell phone, I used to be charged for 800 numbers. Now I have T-Mobile on a Nokia phone with prepaid service. My occasional 800 number call i need to make will count me minutes off my service. Does anybody know this? That's how I used to know it.

All replies are appreciated.

redoneusa
12-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Someone typically pays for the 800 call - you if you are the holder of the phone number. Pre-paid providers will often charge you for making a toll free call also. There is no way around this unless you switch to a contract cellular provider or use your VOIP phone at home.

kathymiles
12-04-2012, 04:02 AM
They say the company I am calling is the one that pays for the call I make since they get great commission out from that. I think I should have a VOIP phone installed in my home.

laudenbachm
12-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but toll free numbers were setup to cover the cost of the long distance part of the call, but not the actual call itself.

Mark

kathymiles
12-05-2012, 04:05 AM
If that is the case, the how about local callers, I mean the people who calls the same area as the business?

kathymiles
12-07-2012, 04:19 AM
My friend said that these toll-free numbers make her save money and she does not worry about her bills even if the business is miles away. She siad she is really glad it was invented.