PDA

View Full Version : Problems Today

Montano
07-21-2008, 04:49 PM
My wife has been calling home and she says after 3 or 4 rings she either gets a fast busy or the call rings her cell phone (my failover number). She said it does not go to voicemail. A few calls in my call logs show a status of 'timeout'.

I called the number and got a message saying 'the les.net number you are calling is not in service.......' I ported the number from les.net a few weeks ago. Could this be a routing issue ?

Outgoing is working fine, and I can get through on a couple of my VoIP lines, but a couple other VoIP lines get me a few rings and then dead air.

VOIPoTim
07-21-2008, 05:00 PM
For the one mentioning les.net that def sounds like a routing issue. We don't do anything with them and don't peer with them or anything.

As for the other issues, can you e-mail the ones with issues to support@voipo.com and we can take a look at the calls/numbers specifically.

Montano
07-22-2008, 02:37 PM
Tim, the calls that are going straight to my failover number are not showing up on my call logs. I just called my home Voipo line from my Voicestick line, my home phone did not ring, and the call went directly to my wife's cell phone (my failover #)

VOIPoTim
07-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Tim, the calls that are going straight to my failover number are not showing up on my call logs. I just called my home Voipo line from my Voicestick line, my home phone did not ring, and the call went directly to my wife's cell phone (my failover #)

I asked Ray to take a look at it now for you.

Montano
07-22-2008, 03:42 PM
I had 3 instances of the same registration, so I unplugged my TA for a few minutes and when I plugged it back in the CP showed 4 registrations ??

VOIPoTim
07-22-2008, 03:49 PM
I had 3 instances of the same registration, so I unplugged my TA for a few minutes and when I plugged it back in the CP showed 4 registrations ??

Ray PMed you about it.

I noticed it's a PAP2 though. We had a ton of problems with the PAP2s. You may want to consider moving to a Grandstream unit.

Montano
07-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Thanks Tim, I returned Ray's PM. I have a PAP2T I'll try before I consider a Grandstream.

burris
07-22-2008, 03:57 PM
I might mention that I have the GS 286 and it's solid.
I keep it provisioned as well.

I do have the old SR SPA2102 that I have programmed up for VOIPo simply as a backup. It does work, but I feel better having VOIPo running the box.
When I was with VT, I was quite uncomfortable with having them running the provisioning, and was able to perform the server roulette myself.;)

Montano
07-22-2008, 04:09 PM
I switched over to my PAP2T with the latest 5.1.6 firmware and the CP now shows only 1 registration :) Hopefully that's a good sign.

I wouldn't mind a Grandstream, but I really like having 2-line TA's. Otherwise my desk would really be cluttered.

burris
07-22-2008, 06:33 PM
I switched over to my PAP2T with the latest 5.1.6 firmware and the CP now shows only 1 registration :) Hopefully that's a good sign.

I wouldn't mind a Grandstream, but I really like having 2-line TA's. Otherwise my desk would really be cluttered.

Do you use your ATA second line for another type of service or another provider?

Montano
07-22-2008, 07:09 PM
I like to have about 4 or 5 different VoIP providers available at any given time ;)

I have a 15 yr old son, and a 13 yr old daughter. So 2 lines are going all the time.

burris
07-23-2008, 04:14 AM
I like to have about 4 or 5 different VoIP providers available at any given time ;)

I have a 15 yr old son, and a 13 yr old daughter. So 2 lines are going all the time.

My, how times have changed..

When my kids were that age, there was no VOIP...only Ma Bell.

usa2k
07-23-2008, 04:45 AM
For boys to talk so much, there must be girls involved! :)

Montano
07-23-2008, 02:24 PM
So far so good with the PAP2T. My wife is able to get through when she calls, and of course nothing else really matters after that !!

VOIPoTim
07-23-2008, 02:51 PM
So far so good with the PAP2T. My wife is able to get through when she calls, and of course nothing else really matters after that !!

Glad to hear :)

burris
07-23-2008, 04:24 PM

I must state that your comment is the most profound utterance in the universe..;)