PDA

View Full Version : Features request - visual voice mail, sortable contacts and others

garuda
12-14-2012, 04:57 PM
I'm a new customer to VOIPo from PhonePower. Overall, I have good experience with whole process. I found that the current web interface (or vPanel), both current and beta version, are functional, but it could really use some enhancements. Here go:
1) VISUAL VOICEMAIL.
Currently, I either have to dial in to access the voicemail or download the wave file to hear the message. It would be very nice to just click and the voice message and it plays. This would save me about 5 minutes to fumble through which program to run to hear the wave.

2) SHOW NAME WITH PHONE NUMBER.
It is extremely hard to remember all the phone numbers, that's why your industry created call-id or name. So, in call history screen, it is much easier to see who called me (uncle John or Amy), instead of 8665551234 or 8785554321. VOIPo can easily look up the name and show it along with phone number.

3) SORTABLE CONTACTS.
Can I sort the contacts please? The contact screen offers very nice grouping. However, you cannot sort! If the sorting is so difficult, can VOIPo provide filter by group?

4) MOBILE APP.
I read somewhere in the forum that VOIPo wants to made the vPanel web interface for mobile instead of creating a mobile app. I disagree and would vote for a separate mobile app. Imagine that you're on the run and you have open web browser, enter vPanel URI (or use bookmark) to access the admin functions. It may sound silly, but it's much easier to have an app on the front screen of your phone and run it.

As mentioned, the current vPanel is functional, but I just want use the product/service in the shortest amount of time and move on.

budmaster
01-07-2013, 06:01 PM
I like all of your ideas. I also would like to see a voice recognition to text for voice mail. I receive a SMS for all voicemails, it would be better if that text include the text of the actual message left. Basically the same feature as Google Voice.

Aurora
01-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Voipo should make a app that can go on your smart phone. There is a company call phone fusion that does call forwarding and you can open the app and there is wave file sitting there that plays through the app.

DawnG
02-20-2013, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=garuda;28880]I'm a new customer to VOIPo from PhonePower. Overall, I have good experience with whole process. I found that the current web interface (or vPanel), both current and beta version, are functional, but it could really use some enhancements. Here go:

4) MOBILE APP.
I read somewhere in the forum that VOIPo wants to made the vPanel web interface for mobile instead of creating a mobile app. I disagree and would vote for a separate mobile app. Imagine that you're on the run and you have open web browser, enter vPanel URI (or use bookmark) to access the admin functions. It may sound silly, but it's much easier to have an app on the front screen of your phone and run it.

I too would love to see an android app. Would simplify a whole lot for me. Hope to see plans for one soon>
DawnG

redoneusa
02-20-2013, 10:51 PM
I had phonepower myself and used the app in early beta days. Decent and now stable app. Did I ever use it much? Nope. You can use any of the SIP clients to make calls from your VoIPo account. Checking voicemails? I always use voice to email anyway.

Just found it another app to remove off my phone.

voxabox
03-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Tim,
while we're at it, could you consider adding import/export contact too
Cheers

JacobsLive
03-11-2013, 08:24 PM
I second voxabox's request :D