PDA

View Full Version : X-Lite sound feedback

RegGuy
12-19-2012, 12:49 PM
I've just started to get an issue with X-lite causing feedback in the headset during calls. I'm not sure what causes it, I can have perfect calls, then all of a sudden the headset will just have a steady sound and there is nothing of the call audible. I went into the mixer panel and muted X-lite and the feedback stops. All other sounds are fine in the system so it's something in X-lite.

I just reinstalled X-lite, hoping that solves the issue. Anyone else run into this?

Joe

RegGuy
12-19-2012, 08:14 PM
So I gave up with x-lite and upgraded to Bria. The improvement in sound was amazing. I thought x-lite was impressive, Bria is a definite step up in sound quality. I don't know what was causing my "drone" of sound in x-lite, but it hasn't happened in Bria yet...if it does at least I have a better supported product to get help.

The problem is so odd, I had over 40 hours of use without an issue, then all of a sudden this cropped up. It seemed to happen when there was an event of one sort or another on the call. I can't figure out what the event was, but then the system just had a feedback loop and it was like a flat horn that would not stop without reboot or logout.

P.S. really happy with VoIPo. The service has been consistently good. High quality sound and very short delays in voice.

Joe

RegGuy
12-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Found the answer over on the CounterPath forums: http://forums.counterpath.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=20877

Figured I'd post in case anyone else ran into this problem.