PDA

View Full Version : Something happened to SMS/Text Messaging

ymhee_bcex
12-29-2012, 08:35 PM
I successfully tested / tried texting back when it first came out in August. However, now I can't receive. When I am looking at the SMS / Text Messaging screen I don't see any phones that qualify for SMS. 207

Is it how it's supposed to be?

JacobsLive
12-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Well, I recently ported my number to VOIPO. I can send and receive text to the temporary number issued by VOIPO. But my ported number not yet showing up in the eligible list. Since it is in Beta I guess there might be some bugs/glitches.

VOIPoBrandon
12-31-2012, 02:16 PM
I successfully tested / tried texting back when it first came out in August. However, now I can't receive. When I am looking at the SMS / Text Messaging screen I don't see any phones that qualify for SMS. 207

Is it how it's supposed to be?

Did you already enable the phone number(s) from SMS? Once all eligible phone number(s) have already been enabled - you will see that message, however the already enabled SMS phone number(s) will function normally.

ymhee_bcex
01-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Did you already enable the phone number(s) from SMS? Once all eligible phone number(s) have already been enabled - you will see that message, however the already enabled SMS phone number(s) will function normally.
Sorry, Brandon - I don't understand what you mean. What phone number(s) should I enable from SMS? My VOIPo number? But SMS Controls tells me that it is for external number(s) such as my cell phone.

Obviously, when I want the bank to send me text code for two-factor authentication, I don't know what number this will come from.

Moreover, I have two phones on SMS Controls (my cell phone and my Google Voice numbers). They both worked back in August, and I have text messages to prove it. But now they don't work, and I "do not currently have any SMS Enabled phone numbers at this time". Needless to say, that texting myself from cell phone to home and back is not too high on my priority list :)

Apparently, I misunderstood what you want me to do. Could you please elaborate!

VOIPoBrandon
01-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Hello,

I am simply stating that if in the scenario you had phone numbers: A, B, C on your account and 'A' was the only phone number eligible. Once 'A' has been enabled, there will be "No more phone numbers eligible to be enabled for SMS" - as you have already activated your eligible phone numbers. As for an actual issue with receiving SMS messages - have you checked if you are able to receive SMS messages from an alternate source, i.e. (non-bank/google voice/etc). Please advise, thanks.

JacobsLive
01-05-2013, 12:05 AM
Hello,

I am simply stating that if in the scenario you had phone numbers: A, B, C on your account and 'A' was the only phone number eligible. Once 'A' has been enabled, there will be "No more phone numbers eligible to be enabled for SMS" - as you have already activated your eligible phone numbers. As for an actual issue with receiving SMS messages - have you checked if you are able to receive SMS messages from an alternate source, i.e. (non-bank/google voice/etc). Please advise, thanks.

Brandon, I think he is talking about SMS controls and you are talking about sending/receiving SMS. As far SMS Controls, it is not working for me either. I just have activated only one external number yet.

ymhee_bcex
01-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Just to clarify, my original question was about SMS Text/messaging; not SMS controls.

Hello,

I have only one phone ('A') on my account. I don't remember exactly, but if I had to enable it back in August, I apparently, did enable it - since I could receive messages. However, now I don't see anything enabled, and the message is "You do not currently have any SMS Enabled phone numbers at this time." as opposed to "no more". Maybe, it's just bad wording - but for me any means completely different from no more. Also, I don't see any way to send messages from Voipo phone (maybe it's because Voipo thinks that I do not currently have any SMS Enabled phone numbers at this time).

Anyway, I did try to send SMS from my cell phone to my Voipo number and i never got anything. Back in August I was able to receive SMS from my cell and from Google Voice number.

I hope it clarifies the question. I apologize if my previous question was confusing...