PDA

View Full Version : Obi100 Configuration-help

chriswx
01-12-2013, 08:20 PM
Hi there,

I just purchased the Obi100 and I am trying to get it to work with Voipo. How do I do this? I thought Voipo was a preconfigured provider but I am not seeing how to set that up. Can someone walk me through it?

Thanks,

Chris

chriswx
01-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Well, I think I figured it out. Looks like I only needed the username, password, and the Sip. I used sip.voipwelcome.com for the SIP. So, I'm guessing this is pretty much all I have to do since I can make/receive calls. One thing I noticed though is that when I make an outgoing call to a Verizon Cell, there is about a 10 second lag before I hear a ring. That never happened on the Grandstream. So, not sure if there is another setting I should change to fix that lag.

Otherwise, both incoming and outgoing calls seem to work.

Thanks,

Chris

tritch
01-13-2013, 12:40 PM
I believe you will need to log into the ObiTalk web portal and select your VOIP provider to have it auto config for you.

See this link:
http://www.obihai.com/itspsetup.html

Does VOIPo show up in the ITSP selection list?

chriswx
01-13-2013, 01:47 PM
Hi Tritch,

Yes, you are correct. What I originally did was use the wizard on the support page, which did not have Voipo listed, for some reason. However, once I registered my device on their website, then it prompted me to set it up with a provider, and on that list, Voipo was listed. So, it is all set and seems to be working fine now.

Thanks again.

Chris

ymhee_bcex
01-14-2013, 03:21 AM
chriswx
Voipo was added just a month or two ago... But the basic set up is - like you said - name / password / server.

The delay to a certain number maybe caused by DigitMap settings. Try to press # after the number and see if it solves the problem.

If you have another provider set up as well (Google Voice or another SIP provider) - you need to figure out how to specify which provider to use (hint: **2). Otherwise, you may never need to go to "Expert configuration" or learn what "DigitMap" means :)

chriswx
01-16-2013, 09:12 PM
Hi Ymhee,

Yes, I actually did have to go into the Expert Configuration to turn on the message waiting indicator. For some reason that was turned off and I wasn't getting the voicemail notifications. But, I did a web search and found out the answer easy enough. Also, once I did set up the phone via the Obitalk registration page, I was no longer getting the delays. So, I guess it configured something differently than the wizard I initially used to set it up.

Anyway, it's been working great with no problems the past 2 days, so I think I'm all set. For now anyway. :)

Chris