PDA

View Full Version : Design, Templates, etc

VOIPoTim
07-29-2008, 05:12 AM
The forum, helpdesk and some other areas will be getting the new header/footer elements for our website integrated into them this week.

If you see the forum looking a little odd while these changes are being made, that is why. Just give it a few minutes to clear up.

This won't affect vPanel...only forums, helpdesk and similar future public facing sites.

gbh2o
07-29-2008, 07:51 AM
The forum, helpdesk and some other areas will be getting the new header/footer elements for our website integrated into them this week.

If you see the forum looking a little odd while these changes are being made, that is why. Just give it a few minutes to clear up.

This won't affect vPanel...only forums, helpdesk and similar future public facing sites.

;-( I was still hoping for some identification of the account type in play in the logo or title on top for example. 'VOIPo Residential' vs. 'VOIPo Express' vs. [plug in 'Carrier-Phoenix' or whatever down the line ;-) ].

It would help ensure small things, like signing up for the virtual number in the right type of account! It would also help verify that one is in the right account when checking call logs etc. Just something to help out the inattentive or 'older' minds that tend to wander and wonder!

VOIPoTim
07-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Does the new forum theme work for everyone here now?

burris
07-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Does the new forum theme work for everyone here now?

It works, but the width has diminished considerably. Was it meant to do so?

VOIPoTim
07-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Yeah this is the header from the new website which is that width to be compatible with different resolutions down to 800x600.

tj008
07-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Looks nice! The width is narrower. I cant tell yet if that is easier on the eyes.

I think we are all waiting for the ONLINE sign to flash so we can talk to the VOIPo babe!

(Did I just say that??!) LOL

TJ

burris
07-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Yeah this is the header from the new website which is that width to be compatible with different resolutions down to 800x600.

Do you suppose that customers who are daring enough to switch to VOIP, still function on 800x600? ;)

fisamo
07-29-2008, 12:47 PM
It's good to see consistency between the sites. One thing I noticed is that when accessing the support or knowledgebase sites from inside the billing portal, you get both headers--the new header is within the billing header. Accessing these pages also changes the color scheme (slightly) in the billing tabs--the font on the tabs becomes black.

Do you intend to import this header to the billing portal? If so, can you have it 'skip' the header when accessing the support/knowledgebase pages from the billing system?

VOIPoJoseph
07-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Loads perfect now and looks good.

VOIPoTim
07-29-2008, 05:33 PM
It's good to see consistency between the sites. One thing I noticed is that when accessing the support or knowledgebase sites from inside the billing portal, you get both headers--the new header is within the billing header. Accessing these pages also changes the color scheme (slightly) in the billing tabs--the font on the tabs becomes black.

Do you intend to import this header to the billing portal? If so, can you have it 'skip' the header when accessing the support/knowledgebase pages from the billing system?

The "inside" header in Tickets/KB within billing needs to go.

We'd planned on the vPanel and Billing to just use the current vPanel theme. Do you guys think we should add this new header to it as well? I hadn't planned on us doing that, but now that you mention it I can see where it could work.

Any opinions on whether to use this header/design and put "vPanel" and "Billing" inside of it so we're 100% consistent on all sites or just leave vPanel as is?

Montano
07-29-2008, 05:38 PM
I think I like the 'full size' forum better :(

This doesn't come close to looking good on my 24" LCD.........

Brian
07-29-2008, 06:09 PM

Not that I'm complaining, but, agreed. Looks nice though.

quattrohead
07-29-2008, 06:21 PM
What is your colour scheme going to be ?

burris
07-29-2008, 06:40 PM

Same here...I personally like the full size better..

fisamo
07-29-2008, 06:44 PM
I think it's fine to keep the existing header in the vPanel and the billing portal. My question was whether or not you intended to have the dual headers when accessing the support or kb pages from the billing portal. I suppose I could have worded that better.

Keep with your original plan for these pages, and get rid of the 'inner' banner when rendering the support/kb sites with the billing or vpanel header already on the screen. While I see some value in 100% consistency, there's plenty of room for differences between the customer-only facing pages and the public-facing pages.

esl
07-29-2008, 07:51 PM
I would like to see the color of vBulletin to change and match the gray theme. It looks nice though. Also, the page title for the vpanel client area is "VoIPo" while everywhere else has "VOIPo" with the "o" capitalized. Just find that strange..

christcorp
07-29-2008, 08:24 PM
A suggestion; unless I'm a "Forest Gump" and I can't find it. In the forum section; main web site page, vpanel site, and billing site; maybe you could put links to the OTHER portions of VoipO. I.e. In the forum site, under the "Quick Link" tab, have links to billing, voipo.com and the vpanel. Again, if this already there, then I'll get another "Box of Chocolates" and look again. Thx... Mike....

myvoip07
07-29-2008, 10:58 PM
I like the full size too also doesn't have to scroll down too much with the full size :)

usa2k
07-30-2008, 02:26 AM
I like things a bit bigger CTRL+ on FF throws the header off a bit.

gbh2o
07-30-2008, 07:35 AM
I like the larger format. Can't you make it dependent on the info/capability/settings passed by the Browser?

voxabox
07-30-2008, 08:00 AM
Tim,
is there any plans for making the forum mobile friendly?
I cannot login into the forum on my Nokia E51 via its builtin browser nor Mini Opera browser. As if my login credentials were not matched, and I know for sure I entered them properly:confused:
however, I can login the control panel just fine - again making this mobile friendly would be nice

chpalmer
07-30-2008, 08:48 AM
I had to capitalize the first letter of my password to get another forum to work... because the phone automatically capitalizes the first letter on a line and I can find no way to stop it.

voxabox
07-30-2008, 09:58 AM
I do not think that I mistyped the credentials as
I cut & paste mine