PDA

View Full Version : No Dial Tone

burris
07-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Anybody else getting a high pitched squeal/tone instead of dial tone?

VOIPoNorm
07-30-2008, 02:04 PM
Did you try power cycling the Grandstream ATA ?

If so, is the problem still there ?

Regards,
Norm

chpalmer
07-30-2008, 02:04 PM
Just tried my softphone from work and got something about my IP not being allowed but I restarted and called out fine...

burris
07-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks for asking. I think my firmware may be corrupted on the GS.

No one else may be noticing any problems because they haven't upgraded the firmware. At this point, I would suggest not doing so, until GS provides some answers and support approves it.

Fortunately due to my conservative nature, I have an SPA2102 left over from SR and I had it programed up for a backup. Plugged it in and not a problem.

Tim will get me another GS and I will send mine back for analysis, unless GS comes up with a working solution in the meanwhile..

VOIPoNorm
07-30-2008, 02:30 PM
To All:

Please do not upgrade GS firmware.

I've bricked two Budge-Tone 100's trying to upgrade firmware and it seems that GS still has some fundamental problems in this area.

Regards,
Norm

chpalmer
07-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Ive got a really high tone as a dial tone. It still works just not a standard dial tone...

Is this what you were seeing Burris?

edit- can I down grade it? Its been running for weeks though.

burris
07-31-2008, 12:04 AM
Ive got a really high tone as a dial tone. It still works just not a standard dial tone...

Is this what you were seeing Burris?

edit- can I down grade it? Its been running for weeks though.

It appeared that my ATA remained registered, but the tone that it generated was rather high pitched, very loud and remained throughout the dialing. If it did connect, the audio was distorted, etc.

chpalmer
07-31-2008, 12:12 AM
Its a tone at about 2300-2600 Hz. I noticed earlier today that mine was not showing up in Vpanel while I was at work. A quick reboot brought it back.

Possibly a conflict with a new setting and the latest firmware would be my guess, as both our units going bad the same time. My audio sounds good here still.

Going to put in a support ticket now.

VOIPoTim
07-31-2008, 06:30 AM
Its a tone at about 2300-2600 Hz. I noticed earlier today that mine was not showing up in Vpanel while I was at work. A quick reboot brought it back.

Possibly a conflict with a new setting and the latest firmware would be my guess, as both our units going bad the same time. My audio sounds good here still.

Going to put in a support ticket now.

Did you upgrade your firmware? The latest GS version has some issues so it could be related.

chpalmer
07-31-2008, 07:59 AM
Yes about two weeks ago...

Ill go sit in the corner now... (hangs head)

VOIPoTim
07-31-2008, 08:05 AM
Yes about two weeks ago...

Ill go sit in the corner now... (hangs head)

If it's still working though, it should be fine.

I know there was another case were it was upgraded and basically stopped working right after.

I see you have a ticket in so we'll look at it and keep it updated.

chpalmer
07-31-2008, 08:07 AM
Thanks Tim!

usa2k
08-03-2008, 10:48 AM
I never forced an update, but my GS seems hosed today.

I decided to check VM and it stays connected until I reboot the TA.
It does get dial tone after each reboot BTW.
All it does is make clicking popping noises. Hanging up won't disconnect.

The ZyXEL seems to be working fine!

Am I the only one? Maybe the GS just died?

EDIT: submitted a ticket since this is not common to anybody else!

usa2k
08-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Since I will be traveling, I am going to stick with the ZyXEL TA for now.
I am updating the ticket as such.

chpalmer
08-03-2008, 05:33 PM
I just noticed that once my son was finished with a call that the ethernet ports were still passing traffic as if in a call.

I dumped all the connections in the firewall Im using and it went away.

The server is still trying to reach the ATA however. Ive rebooted also.

My Ip:55660 <- 74.52.58.50:54856 keeps coming back right now. This is RTP traffic. Sip is connected fine.

Ive reset my states many times now. Firewall is stopping it at the door. but connection attempt remains. Related?

http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=656

Edit= Its not trying anymore...

VOIPoTim
08-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Anyone seeing issues, please contact us. As far as we know, everyone is all set now.

myvoip07
08-04-2008, 09:37 PM
In Advance setting tabs my HT286 show it is connected to zeus.voipwelcome.com? Has something changed recently after the firmware update? I had caller id issues but it is fixed after i open a support ticket.

Has anyone noticed this in your HT286?

VOIPoTim
08-10-2008, 04:38 AM
In Advance setting tabs my HT286 show it is connected to zeus.voipwelcome.com? Has something changed recently after the firmware update? I had caller id issues but it is fixed after i open a support ticket.

Has anyone noticed this in your HT286?

All provisioned users will be moved around from time to time.

As long as we're the ones making the changes, you don't have to worry about it whne you see things like that. Everything is consistent on our end unlike some :)

myvoip07
08-11-2008, 09:08 PM
All provisioned users will be moved around from time to time.

As long as we're the ones making the changes, you don't have to worry about it whne you see things like that. Everything is consistent on our end unlike some :)
Thanks for the update Tim.

That's fine with me. Noticed the difference after the firmware update you folks reverted back, so thought me to just let u folks know since i didn't know before that it would be like that.