PDA

View Full Version : Residential Outbound Faxing

N9MD
07-31-2008, 11:33 AM
Did the acceptable Fax Document types change. I recall faxing a WORD.doc file (attachment) with the VOIPo MyAccount Fax option to a FreeDigits Fax DID# two weeks ago --- which was received correctly, but in a PDF format, via my FD email inbox.

A day or so ago, I tried the exact same process --- faxing a WORD.doc file to both a FreeDigits and a K7.net Fax DID# --- and received emails from VOIPo reporting "failed" fax attempts (even though faxing from my home machine via PSTN to these same numbers was successful).

Curiously, I next faxed a one-page PDF document to the FD & K7 DID#s. The incoming verification email from VOIPo reported "success" but the number of pages stated "0" --- and I never received the faxed PDF files.

Meanwhile, I think I remember seeing DOC files as acceptable to VOIPo on the Fax page --- but it now shows only PDF and TIF.

Hmmm!

VOIPoTim
07-31-2008, 11:37 AM
See this thread: http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=634

If the confirmation said 0 pages, the fax did in fact fail. If you want us to look into it, open a ticket by e-mailing support@voipo.com with the involved fax numbers and we can look into it to see the specific reasons.

fisamo
07-31-2008, 11:53 AM
Is it possible to get a little more feedback on the transmissions that fail? The 'invalid document type' is pretty straightforward. But an email saying 'Sent 0 pages to #####" is not very detailed--feedback like 'Destination busy' or 'Not a FAX number' (if your outbound machines detect a voice answer), 'No Answer' would be nice.

I'll also re-request that the confirmation emails include the filename of the file that's sent. If someone sends several documents within the span of a day or two, having the filename that's sent to which destination would be very helpful.