PDA

View Full Version : Industry Notes

VOIPoTim
07-31-2008, 06:50 PM
I'm not sure how many of you follow a lot of the industry, but I'm assuming some of you do. Packet8 has their earnings call today and announced an operating income of nearly $700K for the quarter. Their numbers keep improving.

Just goes to prove what I've been saying all along that independent pure play VoIP can be profitable.

---

"GAAP net income for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2008 was $691,000 or $0.01 per share, compared with a loss of $2.9 million, or ($0.05) per share for the same period last year. Operating income for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2008 was $695,000, the company's first reported operating income since the inception of the Packet8 business. Operating cash flow for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2008 was $420,000 and $3 million for all of fiscal 2008. The company ended its 2008 fiscal year with no debt and cash and investments of $14.6 million, an increase of approximately $2.6 million from the end of fiscal 2007."

---

Brian
07-31-2008, 07:03 PM
Wow, and of all the companies, I'm a little surprised - their advertising/DSLR group isn't nearly as big as some of the others.

NY Tel Guy
07-31-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm not sure how many of you follow a lot of the industry, but I'm assuming some of you do. Packet8 has their earnings call today and announced an operating income of nearly $700K for the quarter. Their numbers keep improving.

Just goes to prove what I've been saying all along that independent pure play VoIP can be profitable.

---

"GAAP net income for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2008 was $691,000 or $0.01 per share, compared with a loss of $2.9 million, or ($0.05) per share for the same period last year. Operating income for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2008 was $695,000, the company's first reported operating income since the inception of the Packet8 business. Operating cash flow for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2008 was $420,000 and $3 million for all of fiscal 2008. The company ended its 2008 fiscal year with no debt and cash and investments of $14.6 million, an increase of approximately $2.6 million from the end of fiscal 2007."

---Wow that is closely mirroring that company by the Clifton Country Mall;)

VOIPoTim
08-11-2008, 02:45 AM
Wow that is closely mirroring that company by the Clifton Country Mall;)

I don't know I'd insult Packet8 with that kind of comparison. Packet8 is a good company. :)

Interestingly, Bryan Martin opted into the VIP Lauch Group list last week. I sent him a personal note to welcome him.

Some other people I know of use fake names to check in on it...it was refreshing to see him just use his real name. Market research is always good.

christcorp
08-11-2008, 02:02 PM
As a "Past" Packet8 user for many years, I can definitely say good things about Packet8 and especially Bryan Martin. I have met with and spent time with Bryan. I do a lot of business in California, and I've met with Bryan at the Von Conference; at the 8X8 headquarters, etc... He is a very good CEO and has been with the company for almost 20 years. He's worked his way up to where he is.

Some think he and Packet8 are a little "TOO CONSERVATIVE" when it comes to upgrades, features, etc... but that is their business model. That is something I am glad to see with VoipO. Take your time; do it once; do it right. Obviously, the only people getting frustrated and impatient, are DSLReports/BBR members who read about VoipO on the forum. But guess what; they aren't VoipO's main customer base. Nor should they be for ANY provider. Forum users account for less than 5% of actual users. They are usually more technical and experienced; very good source of feedback and assistance; but not the average user. The "PUBLIC" isn't aware of VoipO's delays and such, and therefor aren't IMPATIENT.

But Packet8 is a very good company that has a lot of positive attributes and some of which should be modeled and studied. Later... mike....

burris
08-11-2008, 02:26 PM
As a "Past" Packet8 user for many years, I can definitely say good things about Packet8 and especially Bryan Martin. I have met with and spent time with Bryan. I do a lot of business in California, and I've met with Bryan at the Von Conference; at the 8X8 headquarters, etc... He is a very good CEO and has been with the company for almost 20 years. He's worked his way up to where he is.

Some think he and Packet8 are a little "TOO CONSERVATIVE" when it comes to upgrades, features, etc... but that is their business model. That is something I am glad to see with VoipO. Take your time; do it once; do it right. Obviously, the only people getting frustrated and impatient, are DSLReports/BBR members who read about VoipO on the forum. But guess what; they aren't VoipO's main customer base. Nor should they be for ANY provider. Forum users account for less than 5% of actual users. They are usually more technical and experienced; very good source of feedback and assistance; but not the average user. The "PUBLIC" isn't aware of VoipO's delays and such, and therefor aren't IMPATIENT.

But Packet8 is a very good company that has a lot of positive attributes and some of which should be modeled and studied. Later... mike....

I don't know anything about Packet 8, but everything else you said was right on...or should I say..'Spot On'.

Brian
08-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Interesting thoughts over at DSLR about VOIPo and their status on GBU today.

burris
08-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Interesting thoughts over at DSLR about VOIPo and their status on GBU today.

If this is the page you referred to...I like it..Let's keep it up!

http://www.dslreports.com/gbu

chpalmer
08-11-2008, 04:56 PM
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20932557-GBU-listings-SunRocket-and-VOIPo