PDA

View Full Version : CID Question..

burris
08-09-2008, 06:41 AM
Looking at my CID info when a call comes in, I see that many of the same callers are showing only the number and are identified only as 'Unknown Name.'

At other times, these same callers are displaying the entire CID.

I seem to be reading about this problem in other forums relating to other providers and wonder if the CID tank everyone dips into may be having problems.

At the same time, why am I seeing call logs that indicate 'NotAcceptableMedia'
for an outbound call when the call shows 2-3 minute connection times?

NY Tel Guy
08-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Are you using the Grandstream or is that the one you fried?

burris
08-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Are you using the Grandstream or is that the one you fried?

This is the new GS and as far as I can tell, it works well in all other respects.

As the most recent example, we were out for a bit and I called home twice from my cell phone to check if any messages. The first call had the number with full CID and the second had only the number with Unknown Name..

I know there are some settings in the GS and other ATAs that change the ring cadence parameters. If the CID dipping tank is not having any problems, it could be a timer setting in the GS that isn't allowing enough time for the CID to register.

I'm going to let the experts dig into this, as I know they will be able to correct it.

dcshobby
08-09-2008, 04:32 PM
You are not alone with this problem. I was just going to submit a support ticket with the problem. For us, it was a huge stretch of almost 2 weeks with the number but unknown name on all calls. Then it started working on Aug 2 and now it is sporadic and random with the name on some calls and unknown name on some other calls that usually have the name. Hopefully they can figure it out. Thanks!

VOIPoTim
08-10-2008, 04:33 AM
I'm going to have Norm look through the CID areas this week.

We had a few tickets last week about it and he thought it was resolved, but it sounds like something could still be going on with it.

Basically we're combining a lot of data from various sources since some calls come with name and some don't. For the ones that don't, we're looking up the data. For that ones that do, we're using that data. There's also the custom caller ID aspect which would override either scenario.

So there are a couple areas related to CID where there could be an issue.

usa2k
08-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Cool - on the ZyXEL I am only seeing number too.
It was not that way before.

VOIPoNorm
08-11-2008, 09:08 AM
Tracked the problem down to providers sending us phone numbers that were longer than 10 digits.

Added code to check for long numbers and trim them to 10 digits. The fix works for number with or without a leading "+".

In addition, "Anonymous" and "restricted" are short-circuited for CNAM processing. The code just sets the name to "Anonymous" and continues processing.

usa2k, can you please test this again and let me know the results. If it fails can you provide the caller/callee and approximate time of the call via PM. It would be best if you could test this using a GS ATA.

Regards,

Norm

NY Tel Guy
08-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Tracked the problem down to providers sending us phone numbers that were longer than 10 digits.

Added code to check for long numbers and trim them to 10 digits. The fix works for number with or without a leading "+".

In addition, "Anonymous" and "restricted" are short-circuited for CNAM processing. The code just sets the name to "Anonymous" and continues processing.

usa2k, can you please test this again and let me know the results. If it fails can you provide the caller/callee and approximate time of the call via PM. It would be best if you could test this using a GS ATA.

Regards,

NormJust tested it and on my Grandstream I got name and number displayed in the normal fashion. Called my voipo from my pots line through Verizon Communications (not wireless - will test that later).

burris
08-11-2008, 01:15 PM
So far, only a few calls today, but they all seem to have the complete CID...even from my cell..