PDA

View Full Version : Important: E911 Address

VOIPoTim
08-14-2008, 06:11 AM
If you have a residential account, we are required to have a valid address on file for 911 service. There are a few accounts which do not.

Please take a minute to login to your vPanel and make sure that your E911 address is correct under the E911 tab. If you have problems with the system accepting your address, please contact support@voipo.com for assistance.

If your address is showing in the fields there, it has been accepted and is valid.

Thanks for your cooperation!

myvoip07
08-14-2008, 09:32 PM
If your address is showing in the fields there, it has been accepted and is valid.

My E911 address doesn't show up in the current Address fields instead it shows 2 same address below Previously Used Addresses. Do i need to open a ticket to get it fixed or it is ok?

christcorp
08-14-2008, 09:44 PM
Have you tried clicking on one of the previously used addresses, if it's correct, and clicking "Use this address" to see if it goes to the "Current address" field?

myvoip07
08-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Yes tried that and it thinks for a while and doesn't do anything. The current address field is still blank.

VOIPoTim
08-15-2008, 04:14 AM
Yes tried that and it thinks for a while and doesn't do anything. The current address field is still blank.

I just looked at your accounts. The account ending in 08 has a valid address on file. The account ending in 46 is giving us an error that there it is a duplicate. I know that it is a number which was ported from another provider. For the time being, it would use the E911 info that the previous provider provided them. They have not followed procedure to remove the number and release it to us. We've contacted the E911 vendor to have them manually correct this.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

myvoip07
08-15-2008, 07:34 AM
Tim, thanks for the update. If you want you can remove the E911 info from the account ending in 08 since 46 is my primary number.

I will have to check again with my old provider as to why they didn't release the number ending with 46 once it was ported over to Voipo.

VOIPoTim
08-15-2008, 07:41 AM
Tim, thanks for the update. If you want you can remove the E911 info from the account ending in 08 since 46 is my primary number.

I will have to check again with my old provider as to why they didn't release the number ending with 46 once it was ported over to Voipo.

We actually have to have E911 on each account so we'll just leave it on the 08 one and should have the 46 one fixed shortly.